complaing about kitchen floor tiles from B&Q

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone i am new to this forum,

i am having problems with some black polished porcelain floor tiles i purchased from bq.

i have had them layed about 4 weeks now, :???: they are the worst tiles ever to keep clean, they are full of stains that will not come out, they have gone all misty and shadowy grey:???:

anyway i went back to bq and complained, they got intouch with the makers of these tiles, they said they have been coated with a wax, which needs to be cleaned off with a heavy duty cleaner before you seal them,

the problem is they forgot to put this on there boxes:?

now bq gave me this cleaner, i got home tried it then resealed again. but no it is still the same:cry:

i am now going back to bq tomorrow to complain again..

has anyone got any advice as to where i stand in this situation.

cheers

Guest bobalob

Hi there,

It could be argued a misleading omission has taken place, contrary to section 6 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, a criminal offence. However, this is not the case if it was caused by a mistake.

Any goods you buy from a shop must match their description, be of reasonable quality and be fit for their purpose, in accordance with the Sale of Goods Act 1979. Accordingly, if your rights here have been breached, you are entitled to reject the goods and obtain a refund, or get a replacement, or a repair, or if this isn't practical, a reduction in the price. For more information, you should visit Consumer Direct