disabled bay hassles!! please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there eveyone.

we are having problems with a neighbour who takes it upon themelves to park in the disabled bay marked outside our house.

this was put in palce by west sussex county council highways department for my wife when she was registered disabled over three years ago.

we are fully aware that the bay does not entitle us to use it solely as it is provided to assist my wife with her disability.

so far this has been no problem until a new neighbour moved in last year and now when they cannot find a space to park 'dumps' one of their two vehilces in it if they cannot park outside their own house approxiamately 4 houses up from us. i have tried to be polite on the occassions that this has occured but last night the person in question was very abusive and suggested i called the police.

i spoke to our local council as mentioned above but they say that there is nothing they can enforce as our area does not come under the new laws??

how do i approach this matter to ensure that this person does not do this again?

:???:

Mark,

the problem you have is its only a Courtesy Bay ( which means it does not have a traffic management order ) Councils will mark off bays for residents, however they have no legal standing unless they actually apply for a TMO, but like most Council's because it costs approx £400 a throw, it is very hard to get them to do it, you could contact your MP and local councilors’ to push for a TMO to be done, however it does only happen rarely,

As for your description of those doing it, they prob know it’s a Courtesy bay, if it was a compliant bay ( with a TMO ) it would have a pole with a sign on it,

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

thanks for the reply again.

is there anything we can do to stop them at all/the local residents have been good so far but these 2 indibviduals just take the p...!! all the time coupled with abuse.!!

i have written to my mp on the matter today as well.should i complain to my local councillors too??

is there anything i can construct in writing to the individuals to maybe persuade them to stop flaunting the use of this bay?

they are a couple who are ambulance personnel and have 2 vehicles privately owned...

really!

i would be inclined to write to their ambo authority...they should be setting an example in my eyes.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Maybe you could speak to another of your neighbours who also parks near there to ensure that the car parked in the disabled bay has insufficient room to get out of the space once it is in. Failing to be able to turn up for work on time *may* help get the message across to them.

Like mentioned by dx, it sounds appalling that they are ambulance personnel and I agree it is something that I'm sure their controlling authority should be made aware of. I bet thery'd be the first to complain if anyone parked too close behind their ambulance ignoring the "do not park within 5 mtrs of this vehicle" notice.

Could you not keep your own car permanently parked in this bay?

Wouldn't leaving the car perminantly in the parking bay defeat the object of having a car to help his wife keep mobile?

is there anything i can construct in writing to the individuals to maybe persuade them to stop flaunting the use of this bay?

They are not doing anything wrong as its not a restricted bay it may be rude and selfish but as with all blue badge bays that are not restricted by law anyone is entitled to park there.