Electric Meter Read

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's an old one. I thought that they'd have all been replaced by now.

I think the reading would be 7902. Is there also a red Dial?, because if there is you ignore that figure and jut use the others.

here's a handy site that might help;

Here

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

I can't be sure but I think it's already on the 7 so that another 92KW would take it to 8000.

Have you got a previous bill to compare the reading with?

enamae

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

BTW, there is no red dial.

I have been fighting with the power company online for the past couple of hours because I sent them this photo I took of my meter and they keep insisting it is 7902. They keep charging estimated charges for the past year.

Last month's estimated meter read 6907 according to them.

My regular usage is about 330kW per month.

The meter was "upgraded" like 5 years ago.

It says it is a Type IMT-3A

DCSCI Single Stator Watt Hour Meter

60Hz KH7.2 240V

When they upgraded I thought we were getting the new digital meters that some commercial buldings have, but got this instead. Since then they read the meter from thier office. Before the came house by house.

Just found this on the uSwitch website;

Recording your dial meter reading

Read the numbers on the dials from left to right, ignoring the last red dial (if it is present), or any dials without figures or hands. If the needle is between two figures, write down the figure the dial has just passed. The reading now needs adjusting to make allowances for any small variations in the pointer positions. If the figure is directly over the figure, say 5, write down that figure and underline it. Look at the figure underlined. If one of those numbers in the sequence is followed by a 9, reduce the underlined figure by 1 (so the underlined '5' becomes '4').

Reading that you should reduce the 7 to 6 as the following dial is on 9(I think)

Here

enamae

Edited by enamae
added link