MET Windscreen PCN - Paid for time - Brewery Retail Romford

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am looking for advice with regard to MET Parking Services.

I parked my car at the Brewery car park in Romford on Saturday, January 31 and purchased a £1 ticket from pay and display machine which entitled me to park until 16.11.

I detached half of the ticket (to reclaim 80p portion) when shopping later in Sainsbury's.

I left the other half of the ticket on the dashboard.

I went through the till at Sainsburys store on the ground floor (receipt is timed at 16.01pm) and immediately returned to my car and left the car park.

Today when I switched on my wiper blades due to sleety conditions, I was shocked to discover them snagging on something which has turned out to be a parking notice.

This notice had in my opinion been very sneakily fixed in the lowest possible point on the windscreen so as to not be visible. The sticky glue on the notice has damaged my wiper blades.

The charge is £100 or £50 if paid within 14 days.

I did buy a ticket, did not exceed my time and have the additional proof of a timed Sainsbury's receipt showing my parking charge refund.

Please can anyone out there advise whether this is worth pursuing.

Is the appeals process independent.

What will happen if I simply ignore it?

My advice to anyone else - AVOID ROMFORD - go to LAKESIDE where there is free parking and a much nicer atmosphere in the shops.

No, the appeals process is in no way independent! This is a private ticket a.k.a. an unenforceable invoice. It's a [problem] basically.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore the letters you receive, no matter how threatening

• they will give up and go away after 3 or 4

Met are very well known. Everybody ignores them with great success. They like to threaten court action in their scary letters, like all these scamsters, but there is zero percent chance of that.

Please can anyone out there advise whether this is worth pursuing.

No it's not

Is the appeals process independent.

No it's not

What will happen if I simply ignore it?

In 99.9% of the cases, nothing

Do not pay them

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Job Done

I've never seen a post on here advising people not to pay in a 'pay & display'

Also Kat Pat ' it is no guarantee that parking in a free car park will not result in a [problem] being perpetrated on you (including Lakeside, Tesco, Sainsbury et al.)'

• 3 months later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to MET Windscreen PCN - Paid for time - Brewery Retail Romford
  • dx100uk changed the title to MET Windscreen PCN - Brewery Retail Romford