How much should I expect ?? PPI Refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I am expecting a refund from Halifax for mis sold PPI on a 20k loan from 2006. It was taken out beginning of May 2006 and settled on 29/1/2007 (remortgaged)

Halifax have agreed to refund the PPI plus 8% - does anyone know how much PPI is generally on a loan of that size, I think the interest rate was about 6 or 7% at the time

I dont know if the PPI was front loaded or per month sorry

Thanks

K x

Hi there

They were not at all stubborn. I sent them a letter late Dec 08 by beginning of Jan they have responded to say they were looking into it and would give a full reply within 8 weeks.

Last week got a letter off them to say they will pay plus 8% but do not admit liability.

I have applied for PPI on two loans with Halifax and have had the same with both, one was for 20k the other just under 2K.

They did stipulate that they would offset the balance of any account in arrears, we currently have an overdraft with them that we no longer use and are paying off each month, but with the larger loan I rang up and said I remortgaged my house to pay that off and I want a cheque please! They agreed to issue a cheque and I took the representatives name

Good luck

K xxx

Hi

Thanks for that, seems they are easy going withh ppi as they were with my bank charges!

the loan I had was about £9000 while I was self employed back in the 1990s. I really hope I can claim this back as times are hard & will only get harder!!

Best wishes

Ian