Non arrival of goods.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bacs can be reversed, talk to your bank.

This from their site:

Update 9th Sept 2009 Mamalooka, Ireland

Customer Notice for customers still waiting on a refund.

The majority of all refunds have been issued, we are aware that there are a few customers still waiting. The only reason for the delay is due to cash flow restrictions on the company imposed by our new financiers. Our company is still not trading.

Our offices are temporarily closed until 1st October 2009

On the 1st of October we will be contacting all customers still waiting with details of this final refund batch. We do apologise for the delay and inconvenience caused

Everyday we are constantly seeking a resolution to this problem and are committed to refunding ALL customers in full. We find ourselves in a terrible position and are endeavouring to recover from the massive financial losses suffered earlier in the year.

On the 1st October this page will be updated with new information and contact details.

Thank you.

G Sheehan

Now Closed

In Administration

As of the 22nd January 2009 Mamalooka Stores EEIG has ceased to trade.

• Haha 1

Conniff,

Thank you for your reply, great help i have to be honest i hadn't seen the update until you posted it, i will consult my bank but i dont hold out much hope because it was Dec 2008, the company is in Ireland and it involves IBAF transfers, Guess i will have to wait while 1st Oct 2009 when it supposedly re-opens and send loads more emails, and receive loads more promises of refund payments, until i get some joy!;) Cheers.

Hi Ripped Off

I would encourage you to contact the Eurpoean Consumer Centre www.ukecc.net

telephone 08456 04 05 03

They will need copies of your invoice and all e-mail correspondence you have had between you and Mamalooka. We may not get our money back but the owners of the company should not be allowed to trade again under another name in the future.

You are in the same position as many of us and I don't hold out much hope from the expected announcement on 1st October. We have had loads of false promises before.

I contacted my bank in January and it was not possible to reverse the BAC's payment as the company is in Dublin.

JW56

Hi,

I see you are currently viewing this thread and from your postings are in the same dilemma with Mamalooka as i am, i'm sick of all the promises of refunds in installments by bacs that don't materialize, i have even asked them to send me cheques via post but to no avail, have you seen the latest Update 9th Sept 2009, re-opening 1st Oct 2009, so guess we will just have to wait while then for some more broken promises.

JW56

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply, i have contacted EEC Via email just waiting for reply, i don't have an invoice because i never received any goods, however, like you i do have large string of emails promising refunds that don't materilise, like you i will keep fighting the cause, because this company shouldn't be allowed to trade ever again.

ripped off

Hi,

You should have received a confirmation e-mail when you placed the order, it is not an invoice but evidence that you have paid the money or a copy of your bank statement showing the payment has been made.

I am not sure the ECC can do anything but we have to try something as far as I am concerned Mamalooka have stole my money!!!!!

I ordered a TV and they haven't supplied it !

JW56

Hi,

Thanks for that advice, i will check through my 50+ emails and see if i can locate it, don't you think its abit dodgy that throughout all correspondence with them, they fail to disclose the actual refund amount due? even on the one letter i received stating 4 monthly refund payments

it refers to it as percentage of total balance, and never actually admit to owing me £180.49 the amount i paid by BAC's in DEC 2008.

• 4 weeks later...

I have received a reply from the European Trading Standards who are now telling me to report the matter it to the police.

The latest e-mail on 1st October from Mamalooka says we should have our refund in next 30 days sent by recorded delivery.

Does anyone think this is going to happen? I dont !!!!!

Hi, JW56

I also have had reply from ECC advising me to report it to the police,

Liam Murphy still not replying to emails,

If we hav'nt heared anything by the end of OCT 2009, like you i don't

think it will happen, then we should report the matter as fraud.

• 2 weeks later...

I am another customer in the same boat.Paid 600 pounds in December 2008 for a Wii and a TV.Lots and lots of promised refunds but not a penny received.Am working abroad at the moment so difficult to initiate complaint with police but would be willing to pass on details to anyone taking further action

This is the response I had from ECC, I have asked them do we report it to police in UK or Dublin. I am awaiting a reply.

I would urge that everyone caught up in this files a complaint to econsumer.gov

Thank you for your enquiry to the UK European Consumer Centre, a case has been created for your reference

From the information provided you have a complaint against Mamalooka for non-delivery of goods and then failing to issue a reimbursement.

The UK ECC has attempted to resolve complaints against this trader however this has not been successful to a lack of response by the trader to email correspondence that has been sent.

Upon further investigation we have discovered that Neither Mamalooka.com nor Mamalooka Stores EEIG or Mamalooka are registered with the Companies Registration Office in the Republic of Ireland, in addition the phrase “administration” relates to the UK procedures for insolvency and not the Irish procedures where the appropriate phrase is “examinership”.

We have also checked into the trader’s address and can confirm that the address is incomplete, the current address provided in Firhouse, Dublin, Ireland, this refers to a whole suburb of Dublin which means it is impossible to locate the company.

As it is not possible to make contact with the trader we are unable to secure an amicable settlement of your complaint. We advise that you report this complaint to the police and to www.econsumer.gov.

It is with regret that we cannot provide any further assistance in this matter.

I am in exactly the same boat - bought a tv last November and still have no refund -even though been promised so many times. Now they are not even replying to emails either now. I just want my money back which I am sceptical about getting now!

What steps has everyone else taken?

Hi calamitykak

I spoke to the ECC on Friday and they said that there is little chance we will ever get our money back from this company. They have had lots of complaints about Mamalooka.

They have ceased trading and nobody can contact them.

We should still put a complaint into www.econsumer.gov and also report to the police initially in the UK even though the company was based in Dublin although we do not have the company's full address in Dublin.

I am annoyed with myself that I stupidly paid by BAC's and have now lost my money but I am more annoyed that these people can steal money from us and get away with it !!!!!

You say you ordered your TV in November 2008 and I ordered mine in January 2009 so they clearly knew long before I placed my order that they had no intention of delivering so it is a case of fraud.

I am putting a complaint in econsumer and reporting the matter to the police but I still dont think I will ever see my money again.

If anybody else reading this forum has any other ideas then please share with everyone else who has been ripped off by Mamalooka.

• 4 weeks later...

where do we go from here i am realy annoyed that this company called mamalooka stores is trying to get away with this taking peoples money with no intensions of giving it back if you sold fake rolex watches as genuine you get done for it if caught/ this company is a lot worse than that they have taken £475 off me with no intensions of paying any back this is fraud and they should not get away with telling lies there is not one bit of truth coming from this company as far as i am concerned we must get a pressure group organised to be able to pursue our claim

Monoply

I totally agree with you.

The Mamalooka website has now been closed down so we cannot even get updates. Not that they meant anything anyway !!!

I have been told to report the company to my local police who will then contact Southern Ireland's police.

Realistically I dont think we have any chance of seeing our money again.

I, like you have lost £475, which I paid for a Sony HD TV. I bought another one locally, which cost £600 so in total its cost me £1075 !!!

I know there must be a lot more people out there in the same position as us with this company so perhaps we should start a new thread entitled something like, "Still waiting for Mamalooka Refund ?" or "Been Ripped Off By Mamalooka?"

We may then get more people to join the group.

Just a thought.

Its time I joined in the list of cheated buyers. I have been watching the posts myself for the last few months since I also paid Mamalooka £475 by BACS (stupid me) for a Sony TV on 10 Jan 2009 and have received nothing but promises. I have sent snotty e mails but now I cannot even do that. At least I will be counted now that I have registered with the forum but I doubt any progress will be made.

Hi, everyone who as been ripped-off by Mamalooka, been looking at all postings on this Forum, and there seems to be only one person named Wmann been refunded, like me it was under £200 not that means a great deal, but more importantly refused to sign the installment agreement which most of us stupidly agreed to, and threatened them with with Police. Wmann last posted refunded in full March 2009, but firmly believes as it was under £200 and the threat of Police action, Mamalooka just wanted them off their back, If Wmann is still watching this thread i am just curious to know which part of Great Britain they live, Ireland maybe? Dublin maybe? of course your not at any liberty to say if you dont want, just to see you back on the forum would be great as you appear to be our only link at the moment. Many Thanx.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, everyone who as been ripped-off by Mamalooka, been looking at all postings on this Forum, and there seems to be only one person named Wmann been refunded, like me it was under £200 not that means a great deal, but more importantly refused to sign the installment agreement which most of us stupidly agreed to, and threatened them with with Police. Wmann last posted refunded in full March 2009, but firmly believes as it was under £200 and the threat of Police action, Mamalooka just wanted them off their back, If Wmann is still watching this thread i am just curious to know which part of Great Britain they live, Ireland maybe? Dublin maybe? of course your not at any liberty to say if you dont want, just to see you back on the forum would be great as you appear to be our only link at the moment. Many Thanx.

Hi

I'm in SE England.

After various excuses and stalling tactics from mamalooka

'we will email you a claim form'

'we will now post you a claim form'

'Now the claim for is online'

and polite but increasingly firm emails from me.

I emailed them all the details they said they needed to proccess a refund:

my order number,

amount owed,

sort code,

address etc (not via the online form)

I also told them that they should already have all these details and was suprised they needed to be reminded of them.

I didn't receive a reply but to my suprise, my money was refunded directly into my bank account a couple of days later.

Not sure if this will help now, but I hope you see your money returned.

Hi Wmann,

Thank you for getting back on the forum so promptly really appreciated, i think where so many of us went sadly wrong, was to fill in the dreaded online claim form, and agree payments by installments which just played right into there fraudulent hands, you inturn point blank refused to play their game, and emailed your details in doing so never committing yourself to " The Fraudulent Installment Plan " Fair play to you for having the forethought, not to play their game. As you said in a previous posting and i quote, " Think they just want me off their backs", i don't think the rest of us will get our money back, as their site as conveniently disappeared, and have no way of contacting them now, but thanks for your hope's of a refund comment, very thoughtful of you.

• 2 weeks later...