Me v Mortgages plc

debt ridden

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have sent off a SAR to Mortgages plc. I am going to try and claim back nearly 11k i had to pay as ERC when changing mortages from them to a new lender.

I cant actually beleive they charged this much, but the orginal mortgaege was on a rip off rate and the new broker told me i would save money even by paying their ERC. im now going to make it a point to claim it back.

ERC as I understand it is more difficult to claim, as there has been cases which have lost in court.

Have you considered claiming your charges back.... this apparently is easier.

I am just starting my claim with Mortgages PLC and have also today done an SAR... so not far behind you. I am intending to do the pre-lim letter followed 14 days latter with the LBA and then whack the file to the FOS if I do not get a satisfactory response.

Good Luck

I'm just about to start going after them for charges too. Fingers crossed for everyone, though I would be nervous about the ERC, though they are rip off merchants people on here seem to be waivering on whether ERC's are worth going after by the look of things.

Hi,

I received a response from Mortgages plc today to my Subject Access Request request. They have sent me all the information they had on file. Just the usual letters etc etc.

The ERC charge was £11,000 .

Please advise what my next step should be. What letter should i send them?

I have no charges to claim back as at this time the mortgage was being paid on time. They are complete rip offs.

Your help is much appreciated.

presumably you have read this thread?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/62003-important-mortgage-claimants-please.html

If you have read the above, please be careful and check whether there are any legal indemnity clauses in your mortgage:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/65877-legal-indemnity-clauses.html

These can mean you will be liable for costs in court!

what about just a template letter to ask them first , before taking the matter to court. its worth a try?

does anyone have a template i can use.

or shall i use the bank charges one and amend to suit?

If you are talking about an ERC then no it is not worth your time.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

But ive read some people on here have had an out of court settlement on the ERC?

I just want to send a letter, not start any court action

Yes they have after they have started court proceedings and before the cases were lsot in court. Some have been refunded because they were charged in error. What basis would you be claiming?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 3 weeks later...

As mine weren't ERC though but arrears charges I should still be ok to try it shouldn't I? I've read everything through a couple of times but have managed to scare myself into not going for it when I think arrears charges of £54 a month are highly unfair, especially as most months they didn't even send out a letter at all!

As mine weren't ERC though but arrears charges I should still be ok to try it shouldn't I? I've read everything through a couple of times but have managed to scare myself into not going for it when I think arrears charges of £54 a month are highly unfair, especially as most months they didn't even send out a letter at all!

Penalty charges are fine to reclaim. Who is the lender?

• 2 months later...