advice please on appealing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im desperate for advice..im completely a worrier, i have recieved a letter from uk parking control for £95, as i parked in a mcdonalds car park and left it there also while i went shopping, not knowing this was wrong.

what are my chances if i appeal???

please please give me advice

1 Put it in a drawer

2 Do not respond to it in any way

3 ignore any follow up letters and do not pay them any money

4 after a while they will go away.

Your chances of appeal are 0 - they handle all their own appeals and I have never seen a successful one (no doubt they allow 1 in every million or so just to make it look like their appeals scheme is legit)

Hi Amy and dont worry! Take Flyingdoc's advice above! What you have recieved is an invoice and not a fine.Even if you get letters from a DCA threatening all sorts and increasing the 'fine' ignore as they will disappear and move onto the next poor soul. Take care.

PS-I think thats my 100th post! lol :)

• Haha 1

Please do not worry because its not a fine its just an invoice :) 99.99% of PPC's will not take it further because of the costs it involves for them. You may well get letters saying that the invoice has been increased and may increase a few times but its the usual threatening behaviour that most do to intimidate you into paying. They make thier money from intimidation and when you dont play ball give up and move onto the next person who, if uneducated, will pay up-thats how they work.

ok i'll leave it, (looks nervously),

thanx for all your help

Their whole [problem] relies on frightening people into paying.

They will issue increasing threatening letters - all of which are meaningless drivel.

Sit tight, do not respond and they will give up after a few letters. They have no basis in law whatsoever to issue fines of private land.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore any letters you receive, no matter how threatening

ignore their lies about CCJs, court action and increased 'fines'

ignore any debt collection letters (usually the parking company using differently headed paper). Debt collectors have no powers - don't confuse them with bailiffs

• they will give up and go away. Guaranteed

Private companies have no powers to issue fines. The whole thing is a [problem], from the 'fine' to the non existent appeals process (no private company will turn down profit).

Remember it's a percentages game. 50% of people will pay up, no questions asked. You've done well so far by actually going on the internet where people can actually tell you the whole thing is a [problem].

thankyou all so much for the advice, i was a little worried as my friends husband works for mcdonalds and he got a fine as i did and he payed it....

thought he would have known not to bother paying.

thanks again

my friends husband works for mcdonalds and he got a fine as i did and he payed it....

Every time someone pays these 'fines' they encourage the PPC's to continue. Every time someone ignores their threats they are a step closer to putting them out of business, the choice is yours.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

thankyou all so much for the advice, i was a little worried as my friends husband works for mcdonalds and he got a fine as i did and he payed it....

Only councils and the police can give out fines. It's a shame your friend's husband didn't look on the internet. He'll never see his money again.

It's like natural selection. 20% of people probably search on the internet and find out that they shouldn't pay. The other 80% lose out and the parking companies rake it in for another year.

It's a national scandal, headed by the DVLA who are happy to sell anybody's details to anyone who asks for £2.50 a time.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

i have now recieved a letter saying it has increased and that if not payed within 2 weeks this would cause baliffs to make an visit to my house, how far do i let it go before i pay, due to them being serious about taking me to court etc?

i have now recieved a letter saying it has increased and that if not payed within 2 weeks this would cause baliffs to make an visit to my house,

Have you even thought why would they send bailiffs BEFORE taking you to Court? Never happen.

how far do i let it go before i pay, due to them being serious about taking me to court etc?

How do you know they are serious? If these clowns could take people to Court do you really think they would waste time and money just threatening?

Just ignore them they will eventually go away.

Get on with your life and forget about these clowns.

regards

i have now recieved a letter saying it has increased and that if not payed within 2 weeks this would cause baliffs to make an visit to my house, how far do i let it go before i pay, due to them being serious about taking me to court etc?

• the amount increase is designed to scare you. It's part of the [problem] - people think that it will increase indefinitely, causing them to cave in and pay. You don't owe them the original, £95, so why should you owe them whatever it's increased to? If it actually meant anything, they'd make it £5000 wouldn't they?

• No bailiffs will be visiting your house. No debt collectors will be visiting your house. Fact.

• They will not take you to court. It's economically unviable, even if they had a cat in hell's chance of winning. Remember the whole thing is a mail [problem] - they want you to think that they will take you to court. Won't happen.

Just continue to ignore the letters. They *will* give up after a couple more.

You should definately pay them under the following circumstances.

1 When hell freezes over.

2 When the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse ride out on tricyles

3 When the seas rise, the heavens fall and the moon turns to blood.

4 When Northwhich Victoria wins the Treble (English League, the F.A.Cup and the European Cup ) in 3 successive years.

(are you getting the idea?)

they are chancers - dont let them bully you into parting with your hard earned.

You should definately pay them under the following circumstances.

1 When hell freezes over.

2 When the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse ride out on tricyles

3 When the seas rise, the heavens fall and the moon turns to blood.

4 When Northwhich Victoria wins the Treble (English League, the F.A.Cup and the European Cup ) in 3 successive years.

(are you getting the idea?)

they are chancers - dont let them bully you into parting with your hard earned.

I think there is too much risk with these odds, I just wouldn't pay.

regards