Jump to content


Appeal hearing - TDS dispute


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi, Does anyone know anything about the appeal hearings by circuit judge? I have been allocated a hearing date as I appealed the decision by district judge in my TDS case but understand from someone that if I lose the case, I will have to pay the LL's lawyer fees too. Can my partner attend the hearing with me or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, can't help with your question.

 

Looking at your other thread I think you said the landlord protected the deposit late, but protected it prior to you issuing your claim.

 

At the time of your thread there was a bit of uncertainty about whether this action would protect the landlord. Since then there have been a few cases where protecting late saved the landlords bacon. Eg.

 

The Landlord Law Blog: Another tenancy deposit decision

 

Are you able to say more about your case?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply, Steve. Yes, the LL protected the deposit late but before issuing the claim. However, I was not given the prescribed information which is the basis of my appeal against the district judge's decision who felt not giving the information did not matter as long as the deposit was protected before the claim was brought before the court. Though the judge also said that this was his interpretation of the law and I could appeal against his decision.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Renerana, although we are all busting for TDS to go to higher court as a test case, I fear for you, this could be extremely expensive if you were to lose,look into this very carefully before you commit. I would definatly be discussing my options with a solicitor x

Please note, my advice is only my opinion.

If you have found my advice helpful, please tip my scales, thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...