VOLVO v CABOT (Bank One) Help needed, Court Claim received **DISCONTINUED**

volvo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update

Still no news from the court ref Strike Out application, and the original T&c's and default notices etc have still not surfaced from Morgans, yet.

Seems a long slow process considering claim issued 25/2/2010.

Would I be better preparing a defence in case the SO request is not successful. Have until 28th May to submit defence due to various time extensions.

VOLVO

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Give 'em chance volvo - you only applied last week.

Early days for preparing a defence & exactly what are you going to say when the POC does not identify the claim properly?? :confused:

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

lol

that would be the defence based upon documents you dont have and cant inspect cos the Claimant wont give them to you

Hello PT2537

I am just worried that without the N244 Strike out having been considered that we get to the 28th May and they get default judgment because no defence submitted, but i understand what you mean about not able to offer a defence to nothing.

I take it the court would not allow judgment until the N244 has been considered??

VOLVO

Don't worry volvo.

Northampton are usually on the ball. Have you contacted them to make sure the applic. was received? If not, phone & explain the situation & ask that it's dealt with asap.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Give it a few days then volvo - plenty of time...

Volvo, it is my understanding that where an "application" has been made, that takes precedence.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Having made both a CPR31.14 and CPR18 request, Morgans replied to the CPR18 request but should they have also replied to the CPR31.14 request requesting any documents relied on in their POC's??

HI PT

Yes I sent the CPR31.14 and CPR18 requests an Foolish Girl advised in Post No; 80.

Morgans have only responded to the CPR18 request and enclosed 2 application forms minus T&C's for both accounts and no default notice either. They have said they will forward these when they receive them, but they have not responded at all to the CPR31.14 request.

I sent what i was advised to send, was this wrong and if so what should i do??

Thanks

VOLVO

a party may request to inspect a document mentioned in a statement of case

such requests to inspect must be met within 7 days of reciept

that is what CPR 31.14 and 31.,15 provide. In the event a party fails to disclose then an application to the court is the appropriate way forward imho

a reply to part 18 should be furnished with a statement of truth,

so, what is the reply you have, is it a reply to part 18? confirmed with a statement of truth? or is it a reply to a request for inspection

Hello PT

Their response is:- 'The Claimant believes that the fact stated in this Response to Further Information is true and i am duly authorised to sign this Statement of Truth' signed by Morgan's Civil Litigator at the end of the letter.

VOLVO

so they have now given you the documents they have pleaded in their claim, save for the ones that they say they will forward to you?

I cant remeber what you pout in your application, so i dont know what you were asking for ( dont have time to read whole thread) but if the application was based upon disclosures and they have now disclosed , the app may fail at a hearing,

its very difficult to say working at arms length

so they have now given you the documents they have pleaded in their claim, save for the ones that they say they will forward to you?

I cant remeber what you pout in your application, so i dont know what you were asking for ( dont have time to read whole thread) but if the application was based upon disclosures and they have now disclosed , the app may fail at a hearing,

its very difficult to say working at arms length

Hi PT

Thanks for your time

This is the N244 Strike out application i sent to Northampton,

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001-6.jpg

IMG-11.jpg

VOLVO

Hello PT2537 Paul

I am worried about this now as i thought there was a solid case re no T&c's, defective DN etc, but as the combined balance is £8-9K plus any costs, it will have a major impact!!!

Thanks, VOLVO

oh lordy,

That's never gonna get dealt with without hearing, sorry but its not,you should have gone for at a hearing, with a time estimate of 30 minutes

And also, a draft order would have been appropriate,

When you say you thought you had a good case? how when you don't have the documents upon what the claim is based? i can never assess a clients case without disclosure first, so , disclosure is vital to be able to decide what your strengths and weaknesses are

Oh dear,

What do i do know??,

Does this mean i will need to submit a defence after all by 28th May, or do i wait for northampton to respond to the N244 Strike Out Application.

VOLVO