Anyone else with a debt management company and trying to request CCA's??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I was wandering if anyone has any helpful hints and advice regarding being with a debt management company and requesting CCA's for loans and credit cards??? :confused:

Myself and my wife were drawn into a debt management plan as the company we are with verbally claimed to have us debt free with 3 years and 10 months.:) After now reading the small print etc, it seems as if our £13000 worth of loans and credit card debt will take alot longer to clear!!:mad:

How would we go about requesting CCA's for our loan and credit cards?? Also what implications would this have with our debt management plan and company?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

I am in a DMP with CCCS and I have requested CCAs from most of my creditors. I have not received one back yet.

CCCS did remove one DCA from the list but would not remove the others.

I am going to be withdrawing form the CCCS DMP and go it alone soon so I can stop paying the creditors who have not complied. Then I will see about negotiating Full and Final Offers.

At least....that's the plan :)

The DMP is an informal arrangement, so of course you can request copies of credit agreements. Most DMP's will not allow you to remove creditors (or only do it as a one off) from it whether there is a valid credit agreement or not. So if you wish to challenge the enforceability of agreements you will also have to consider leaving your DMP.

If the company you are with are charging you for administering it then you should leave them anyway as there are companies that will do it for free such as CCCS and Payplan.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Interesting Im just in the process of requesting a CCA for my £7000 loan taken out last year with The Halifax. After Halifax paid me back my PPI they kindly set me up a new loan agreement. Instead of just taking off PPI, very strange. I went through a company on the net.

My DMP company have certainly reduced my monthly outgoings, but it seems like it may take me longer than what I was led to believe to clear all debt.:mad: Not only that but, my credit rating will surely be suffering alot longer due to this.

Hey Rory, thank you for that helpful advice. :D

Myself and my wife are with a company which does charge £50 a month to manage our debts. :( The other two options you mentioned are they government run?? They definatley dont charge any monthly fees??

CCCS is a debt charity. Payplan is funded by donations from the credit industry. Neither charge you for running your DMP.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...