PPI - bank requesting employers benefits policy??????????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am at the first stage of requesting ppi refund on loans and credit cards. I have had a response letter from the bank with the standard 8 week letter. However, the credit card response letter is also asking for a copy of my employers sickness benefit policy as this was one but not all of the reasons why i said i was missold. Are they within their rights to ask for this? the credit card agreements go back to 2001-3. I feel that i shouldnt have to provide it now, it should have been discussed at the time..Thanks

delaying tactics....

none of their business

so what are they going to do then even if you did have it?

turn around and say oh no this wasn't good enough ...thats why we charged you our ppi!

they didn't ask upon getting the card, so why ask now.

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello wanda,

I am at the first stage of requesting ppi refund on loans and credit cards. I have had a response letter from the bank with the standard 8 week letter. However, the credit card response letter is also asking for a copy of my employers sickness benefit policy as this was one but not all of the reasons why i said i was missold. IMO they have no right to try and confirm you were already covered by your employer. They have to ensure the product they mis-sold was not mis-sold and your employers are arrangements are between you and your employer and have nothing to do with them. Are they within their rights to ask for this? No IMO they have no right to ask. The onus is on them to prove they have not mis-sold and not on you to prove you already had sufficient cover. the credit card agreements go back to 2001-3. I feel that i shouldnt have to provide it now, it should have been discussed at the time..Thanks

In line with the response to your post by dx, In the words of Blackadder

give them the reply as follows:

response is OFF SOD but not necessarily in that order:eek:

This is yet another ploy used to delay the claimant and the Information Commissioners Office and the Financial Services Authority and the Office of Fair Trading should be made aware of this by submission of a Very Serious complaint about their behaviour let the galaxy know what they are trying to do:D

aa

Edited by alanalana
change in text

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now had the response back regarding the loan accounts of which there are 3. The complaint seems to have been split in two - credit card and loans. The response was as expectd - 1. asking for copy of employers benefits documents 2. asking for copies of agreements for 2 of the loans as they say they don't have, even tho they previously sent them to me in the SAR docs 3. Basically we don't mis-sell

Sent them back the 2nd letter today - asking for them to review and respond in 14 days or am going to FOS.

Has anyone else had recent successes with Lloyds, the only ones i can seem to find on this site are older successes.

• 1 month later...

I have now had a reply from Lloyds TSB. I seem to have three advisors dealing with my claim

1. Dealing with loans - been fobbed off with usual lloyds responses detailed plenty of time on this site. Wrote back a month ago requesting reconsideration, and also highlighting my lack of pro-rata refund and asking for explanation. No response.

2. Credit card - not compulsory, you had policy booklet. Said it was not their responsibility to probe exisiting employer policies as their insurance would still be valid anyway

3. Credit card - can't respond yet - will respond soon.

Have now sent all three cases to the Financial ombundsman

Any further advice?

• 4 weeks later...

Had an unexpected success with Lloyds tsb. After writing to me about the loans and saying 'no' to my claim, someone else wrote to me in my maiden name, the original name on my accounts, and said they were upholding my claim and return premiums plus interest!

Had the first of the two refunds today. No interest though. When I rang they said the interest goes into your account seperately and can take upto 21 days.

Expecting a total of about £2.5k :)

FOS are still dealing with the credit card side of the claim so will have to wait and see what happens

Well done :D keep at them.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.