Default registered legal?

Laney65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can a DCA that has admitted no CCA exists either with them or the orignal creditor because none was ever signed (catalogue account) and will no longer be chasing payment register a default on my credit file?

I have 2 defaults on my credit file from the original creditor and the DCA for the same month and yet they admit there is no CCA.

Is this correct or can I get them to remove the information and defaults?

Cheers.

Edited by Laney65
Spelling.

Hi,

You can demand they do it but they will fight tooth and nail before they do.

Send a s10 data protection act demand and see what they come back with.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 4 months later...

Can a DCA issue a default on my creit file on an account that they admit has no credit agreement?

This was a catalogue debt which both the OC and DCA say there is no credit agreement but they have still both registered a default on my file.

Is it worth trying to remove them?

And as a sideline I have recently spotted on my credit file attributed data that belongs to my twin brother that doesn't even live here? Can I get this removed?

Can a DCA issue a default on my creit file on an account that they admit has no credit agreement?

That's a bone of contention, FOS & the ICO seem to say yes but in the absence of an agreement no permission has been given by you to process your data. You could send them http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/586-legal-notice-issued-under-section-10-of-the-data-protection-act-1980

And as a sideline I have recently spotted on my credit file attributed data that belongs to my twin brother that doesn't even live here? Can I get this removed?

Yes unless you are financially linked such as you having a joint a/c or you have acted as a guarantor for him. Otherwise notify the CRA & tell them to remove the link.

be a dog with a bone on this one

dont let go and dont accept any knock back letters

no agreement, no permission to process data

in your letter try and get them to quote what piece of legislation they are relying on to continue to process your data with out an agreement

i had this with hbos for 8 months

default gone

me thinks they got fed up with my continued letters