help needed on CCA request

andytwonames
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh dear – they appear to have shot themselves in both feet regarding the default notices – they can’t seem to count to 14 days – which is the minimum statutory prescribed timescale for you to comply with the demand made in the default notice.

Take a look at this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/170345-tale-dodgy-dn.html

And that of course is aside from the fact that they don’t seem to have an agreement.

See what i mean: D.U.M.B :p

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Oh dear – they appear to have shot themselves in both feet regarding the default notices – they can’t seem to count to 14 days – which is the minimum statutory prescribed timescale for you to comply with the demand made in the default notice.

Never mind 14 days. They gave me -3 days on one of them

You must have been out the day they tried to deliver the Time Machine along with the invalid Default Notice.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

You must have been out the day they tried to deliver the Time Machine along with the invalid Default Notice.

:D:D:D:D:D

Once again humans not double checking the outputted letters from a computer.. when will people learn... hopefully never! :smile:

The canon mp610 Scanner/Printer has been a dream to use for me (so far.) Although it's a big beast.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

• 2 years later...

Need to resurrect this one.

After the above, it all went quiet. - not a word until july/august 2011.

Cap Quest started phoning but I refused to deal with them unless they wrote to me. I finally got a letter from them. I responded with a letter saying that the account was in dispute and got a reply saying they had passed the account back to HFC and deleted my details from thier records.

Then HFC wrote demanding money so I replied telling them that the account was in dispute and that they must already know this since capquest would have told them why they passed it back.

They took this as a formal complaint and have responded. In that response they say that "we are unable to provide a copy of the legal document at this time". Their letter does NOT say "without prejudice"

After this response, I have received several more demands for payment including 2 yellow letters from "Debt Litigation and Recovery Services" (one of which offers me a final settlement discount of 40%). They look to be in-house pretend debt collectors.

So, I now have it on paper that they cannot provide the agreement and I'd like answers to the following...

1. I think it is unlawful to add interest and charges whilst the account is in dispute. AM I RIGHT?

2. I think this account is not legally enforceable if they don't have the original agreement. IS THAT RIGHT?

3. I think it is unlawful to demand payment whilst the account is in dispute. IS THAT RIGHT?

Please help.

Thanks.