Bookie and DLA... ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Go tell 'em how it is missus.

Everything's crossed for you and T.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, so much for 1/2 hour hearing, I was there for over 2 hours!!! :shock:

And the result?............. Adjourned. I kid you not.

Apparently, the huge amount of case law, testimonies from school, family friends, people who do actually know my son and my own 6 pages statement comprehensively demolishing the DWP's case isn't enough if there isn't a Dr's report... :-|

Well, yeah. Apart from his autism, T. is actually very healthy and hasn't been seen by the GP for years. What am I supposed to do, take him there once a year so they can confirm he is still autistic? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I pointed out that a CAMHS appointment in our area would take between 18 and 24 mths, possibly longer, and that the Ed psych for the LEA wouldn't be interested in following him up since he is in private school, so what to do? Eventually settled on asking the Ed psych from the private school (who has after all known him for nigh on 4 yrs) for a report, meanwhile, I must still get the CAMHS referral in action, and I must keep a diary of his meltdowns to document the when, how, why etc... Of course, the problem is that we actually seldom take him out precisely because of the behaviours, so it seems we are going to have to take him out more often and distress him and us so that we can document his distress... Oh-hum.

The goods news is (yes, really!) that they didn't just toss the case out, which is I think what they intended to do in the first place, so here's hoping and waiting some more. :-( Who said it was ever easy, hey?

signed: an absolutely shattered Bookie who's going to go for a long nap before she falls asleep on the keyboard. :-)

Apparently, the huge amount of case law, testimonies from school, family friends, people who do actually know my son and my own 6 pages statement comprehensively demolishing the DWP's case isn't enough if there isn't a Dr's report... :-|

Well, yeah. Apart from his autism, T. is actually very healthy and hasn't been seen by the GP for years. What am I supposed to do, take him there once a year so they can confirm he is still autistic? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I pointed out that a CAMHS appointment in our area would take between 18 and 24 mths, possibly longer, and that the Ed psych for the LEA wouldn't be interested in following him up since he is in private school, so what to do? Eventually settled on asking the Ed psych from the private school (who has after all known him for nigh on 4 yrs) for a report, meanwhile, I must still get the CAMHS referral in action, and I must keep a diary of his meltdowns to document the when, how, why etc... Of course, the problem is that we actually seldom take him out precisely because of the behaviours, so it seems we are going to have to take him out more often and distress him and us so that we can document his distress... Oh-hum.

The goods news is (yes, really!) that they didn't just toss the case out, which is I think what they intended to do in the first place, so here's hoping and waiting some more. :-( Who said it was ever easy, hey?

signed: an absolutely shattered Bookie who's going to go for a long nap before she falls asleep on the keyboard. :-)

You have my utmost and heartfelt sympathy.

I cannot get any help re: AS.

I get lower mobility and diasability premium for IS for my agoraphobia.

NOTHING for AS, severe PTSD, severe IBS, arthritis, OCD, dyspraxia and dyslexia and a million and one other things :|

Well at least you're still in there fighting and they're still listening. A positive result would have been better but this is the the next best thing IMHO.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

oh bookie,

sorry this isnt sorted yet,

what on earth are they playing at ?:mad:

it makes me so mad that people have to go through all this and yet there are people out there that think these benefits are just handed to you and all you have to do is apply for these things and you get them

it makes my blood boil

keep on fighting them and keep strong

skeg xx

• 2 months later...

Time for an update.

Got a date for tribunal on December 3rd.

I kept a diary as requested and am about to send that in to add to the file. I have received a copy of T's medical records which, as expected, show nothing very useful, and just show that once we had him in a SEN school, they were quite happy to discharge him. Also received copy of the MDT at his school, suitably bland and neutral the way those reports usually are. My job will be to show the tribunal what lies between the cracks, the traffic light system put in place for example to deal with his behaviours, which shows the excesses for what they are and how difficult it is for the school to cope as well.

One thing the diary shows is how unpredictable his behaviour is, and how there is no pattern to when he goes in meltdown, and how neither the school nor us can see it coming at times. I hope that will help giving the tribunal a true picture. We will see.

OMG, this has been going on forever Bookie, I've just received Sams new DLA pack, I hope i dont have the sane carry on as last time but no doubt another fight on my hands is looming...if its not to get him the care he needs in school, its the financial benefit he's entitled to, to help with his care, they try to take it all away, in one way or another:confused: Gc...Good luck with your fight:confused:

Yeah well, I won't count those chicken just yet, CG. They're certainly making me work hard for it, that's for sure, presumably because I don't work hard enough for and with my kid as it is. :rolleyes:

Oh, clearly you're just bored and attempting to fill your otherwise empty days in the west wing of your DLA-funded mansion with a bit of frivolous litigation.... :p

I think I'll attempt to relieve the tedium by indulging in a long drive in the ole motability Roller now... :rolleyes:

All my fingers & toes crossed for you on the 3rd December, Bookworm.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done, Bookie. ;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

bookie when ur over the shock can u tell us more.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well done Bookie teach them not to take you on,, :rolleyes:

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

They obviously couldn't work out any other way to get rid of you! :-D

Congratulations!

Wow must be a big sum of money (if it's keeping bookie quiet :lol: :lol:)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar