Shop Direct, is cutting 1,150 jobs from call centres in Merseyside.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry cant agree with these comments. I know a number of people who work there and are really lovely people whose lives and families are going to be devastated by this news.

The firm has never been the same since the Moores family sold it, to the Barclay Twins

Sorry cant agree with these comments. I know a number of people who work there and are really lovely people whose lives and families are going to be devastated by this news.

The firm has never been the same since the Moores family sold it, to the Barclay Twins

Lovely people they might be, devasted they might be, but so are thousands of other people who have been bullied and harassed by these people , they might try being a bit more understanding now, people lose their jobs for all different reasons, lose their income through ill health and have rung up to explain in great details their situations, but get no support in trying to pay debt back, not an ounce of sympathy, and are then bullied and harassed by constant phone calls, threatening letters and threats of false information being given the the CRA's

i know i have been one who has been bullied and harassed by them

If i buy now do it on line as it is cheaper and not kept waiting also when bill comes in pays that on line and keeps records of payment so i dont get nasty people on phone fed up with hanging on phone for ages boosting my phone bill up. if they want us to shop with them over phone it should be free.

Well sorry I dont agree my mum had a horrible call with one of them and my mum has had an account with them for over 30 years some of them are ok but the others they are just s**t heads who think wow we can treat people who are in areas or pay every month but not the right ammount like crap. It was better before the dick head Barclay Brothers bought them all out to also include Great Universal , shope direct is littlewoods and great universal all under one roof. And before anyone asks no I dont work for them. But 39.7% APR is a joke. Better off uying from Comet or somewhere like that.

well I agree with that we are here to help people, should be interesting to see what happens when they get in the same position as some of us though, all in all I blame the government they bail out the banks to kepp the fat fracking greedy b******s happy and all and what about us nothing, oh they are like shut up you common people we dont care about you, we care about giving tax payer money away like candy to kepp the banks happy so they can start lending again, erm sorry it's not going to happen the banks might lend now and again but at a higher interest rate, I do feel sorry for the people who are to loose there jobs but having said that the tables have turned a little.