• Tweets

• https://www.biospace.com/article/comparing-covid-19-vaccines-pfizer-biontech-moderna-astrazeneca-oxford-j-and-j-russia-s-sputnik-v/
    • I called my GP surgery and offered to jump in car and turn up at no notice if they got no shows and was told 'thats simply not happening' When I pointed out that the BBC had raised the issue I was quite bruskly interrupted (unusual at my surgery) and told the media is spouting rubbish which is helping no-one.   I do know that hospital/vaccination center staff are/have been given doses from failed attendances. presumably managed locally   We need to understand that patients can call again, but the vaccination doses are and will remain for some time limited and waste (including relying on others turning up after one failure to turn up) is to be avoided at all costs   There is also the issue of managing the second dose (errr) for those who are given one out of sequence. Let alone any questions regarding that being 'approved'     Personally I would be happy getting one dose early whatever happened later.  (one different vaccine, two matching, no other, whatever)  
    • A cross-party group of 70 MPs are pushing for buy-now-pay-later firms to be regulated within three months View the full article
    • Slightly off topic , just a quick question    another debt with Capquest - been ignoring for ages as refuses to supply signed docs and statement of account    finally supplied a list of transaction they say is from original creditor , but just an excel list of 29 transactions , no title , no account number ,  no headings   literally just a list of numbers on a Capquest paper - with Capquest small print in the footer .   obviously , I can see there is nothing to tie this list of numbers to me -    im looking for a good paragraph to send back    like *   Thanks for a list of numbers you have typed with no references , titles, account numbers or anything to show this is an original creditors statement , this is not my statement , and has not been provided by the creditor on creditor paperwork I j the format of a statement -  please provide as required the original statement as required by ..........     can you help ?
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Need Help with Abbey Interest Calculations

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5291 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, I have no overdraft facility with Abbey. They charge me £20 for being overdrawn and £30 for each transaction if a cheque was honored. This month it is £80 charges. Do I claim the whole £80 or do I deduct a 'legimate cost' from this.

When I get to calculate the earlier statements, I did have a facility with those so is that a different rate.

Sorry I'm a bit slow, having a 'senior moment'.

Regards.

Hi Juney, Vampiress has a spreadsheet you can use to calculate your interest, you will need to know your overdraft limit at the time, it works it all out for you. Alternatively you could make a claim and forgo the interest if you find it to stressful to work out. Wait till you have all your statements, then make a claim for the whole amount as one. If you have any problems post them here so people can take a look for you and offer opinions/advice. Good luck with your claim!

Thanks for replying. I have just requested the spreadsheet. I'm so glad there's someone out there to help me. Thank you.