Halifax - here goes....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am completely new to this forum!

Today I have started a 'Subject Access Request' to the Halifax.

I did one letter for myself requesting charges in relation to my current, joint and credit card visa account and one letter for my husband for our joint and his current account, both letters signed by the respective account holders.

They were sent in 2 seperate letters, recorded delivery with a £10 postal order in each.

I wasn't sure if I had to send a seperate request for each account individually and also a £10 order with each, as I don't want small print to cloud the issue or for the bank to use as a delaying tactic.

Well, here goes - will keep you posted

25/7 S.A.R (data protection) sent plus £10 postal order by recorded delivery

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Thought I'd update all with my experiences so far - comments and advice will be greatfully appreciated as the battle commences!

I sent a Data Access Request on the 25th July to the Halifax for myself and my husband in 2 seperate letters for my sole account, joint account and Visa Account and for my husbands sole and our joint account. (not sure if I should have just done one letter...)

Got a reply back from Nicola Innet at Business Retail on the 9th Aug saying that they acknowledged my request and 'I can confirm that copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent under separate cover’.

Have recieved loads of statements and ploughing through them all found the joint account statements only go back to Jan 2005 (the one with the most charges on too - funny that!:rolleyes: ). Have sent a letter back reminding them that they are in excess of the 40 day limit and asking them to comply as a matter of urgency. (today).

By the way we're up to £1200 in total.. so far...

They've stated in their letter of the 9th August (looks like a standard letter to me as exactly the same format has been sent to me and my husband) that ' With regard to your request for information relating to manual intervention on your account, HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore, I am unable to assist further with your request.'

Surely, this can't be right - the template 2 non compliance with the SAR 40 day limit letter has a section that you can add/delete stating...

You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention

Surely HBOS aren't incorrect though? Mind you, the whole bank charges fiasco is proving to be so....!! Can anybody out there shed any light...?:?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - any updates on this case?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - here's an update. Sorry for the gap - I've been seeking help in other threads as I've been chasing my statements....

Well I called the Business risk centre on the 12th October asking why my statements had not been sent and my non compliance letter ignored and they promised they'd be out by early next week.

After advice on other areas of the board, I waited until the beginning of the week fully fired up to proceed with action if they still didn't arrive. Surprise, Surprise! I got them today and calculated the total charges as being £2817!

Omigod!

I'm absolutely determined to get this so watch out! Prelim letters are going out recorded delivery tomorrow...

Just a question though, other advice on the board says to send the letters for each account separately (so I have) however, I've had to change the Prelim letter for our joint account so it says - we, our and us etc instead of I, mine and my etc etc. This is o.k isn't it? It seems silly to send 2 separate requests from me and my husband for the same amount for the same account doesn't it?

Excuse my naivete but it won't jeapordise the action that'll inevitably follow, will it?

Good luck, hope you get somewhere with them.

I don't think multiple accounts is a problem, I'm taking action over 3 accoutns and they seem happy to deal with them and made me an offer acros the three - turned down, of course!

-------------------------------------

Action againt Halifax:

01.08.2006 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

25.08.06 Statements received

Calculated - they owe me £797.50 :eek:

15.09.06 Sent preliminary letter

26.09.06 received "sorry you're not happy" letter

29.09.06 LBA posted

14.10.06 Halifax offer me £439

16.10.06 Moneyclaim action filed

22.10.06 Claim acknowledged - Halifax to defend

02.11.06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!

Action against CapitalOne:

15.09.06 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

26.09.06 Received letter acknowledging S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

20.10.06 Statements received

Calculated - they owe me £392 :lol:

25.10.06 Sent preliminary letter

9.11.06 Sent LBA

--------------------------------------