1st Credit Reponse to CCA request, start of a long year.

deepdebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've received similar from 1st Credit re citicard,both arrived in envelopes with the postmark Reigate.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/174366-1st-credit-faking-citi.html

Did you keep the envelopes?

Hi westendwendy,

Sadly no it was before I discovered CAG, however I do remember thinking it was strange that the NOA was post marked Reigate, I far as I know there are no Halifax offices in Reigate. I mean just look at the Halifax logo, god knows where that came from is so wrong and crude.

My personal fav is the 1st credit barcode that appears on the NOA and 1st credits Introduction letter, I guess their getting sloppy! (I've partially blocked this out but theres enough left to get the idea, it also has 1st credit unique code no. under it).:rolleyes:

Waiting on ODC for the legal stuff etc.:)

Hello ODC,

This is what we received in the post (full colour):-

Assignment.jpg

Then at the start of the New Year we received this in the post:-

Introduction.jpg

Over to you ODC, hope these are OK scans.

Hi ODC,

Please find copies of NOA and 1st credit introduction letters, I'm beginning to see this may have significant legal meaning.

Your comments would be most welcome.

To the best of my knowledge the Notice of Assignment must be properly served on you by Registered Post or Recorded Delivery.

It is patently obvious that the Notice of Assignment purportedly coming from Halifax is in fact printed by the Reigate Threatomatic.

Four little letters at the bottom of the so called letter from Halifax are another giveaway HAGO which presumably mean Halifax Goodbye

They are identical in size and style to the PUR1 at the bottom of Worst Credits introduction letter or PURsuit 1

This of course combined with identical barcodes just goes to show how arrogant or just plain idiotic Worst Credit are.

Still its more ammunition for the OFT and the president of the CSA's position is looking more untenable by the day.

To the best of my knowledge the Notice of Assignment must be properly served on you by Registered Post or Recorded Delivery.

It is patently obvious that the Notice of Assignment purportedly coming from Halifax is in fact printed by the Reigate Threatomatic.

Four little letters at the bottom of the so called letter from Halifax are another giveaway HAGO which presumably mean Halifax Goodbye

They are identical in size and style to the PUR1 at the bottom of Worst Credits introduction letter or PURsuit 1

This of course combined with identical barcodes just goes to show how arrogant or just plain idiotic Worst Credit are.

Still its more ammunition for the OFT and the president of the CSA's position is looking more untenable by the day.

Hi ODC,

Thank you for your reply, as these were not served using the methods above would this have any bearing with my situation?

S 196 of the Law of Property Act 1925 is quite clear how notices of assignment should be served. Therefore if the notice of assignment is not properly served then it follows that the DCA have no Legal Business chasing you for the debt.

196 Regulations respecting notices

(1)Any notice required or authorised to be served or given by this Act shall be in writing.

(2)Any notice required or authorised by this Act to be served on a lessee or mortgagor shall be sufficient, although only addressed to the lessee or mortgagor by that designation, without his name, or generally to the persons interested, without any name, and notwithstanding that any person to be affected by the notice is absent, under disability, unborn, or unascertained.

(3)Any notice required or authorised by this Act to be served shall be sufficiently served if it is left at the last-known place of abode or business in the United Kingdom of the lessee, lessor, mortgagee, mortgagor, or other person to be served, or, in case of a notice required or authorised to be served on a lessee or mortgagor, is affixed or left for him on the land or any house or building comprised in the lease or mortgage, or, in case of a mining lease, is left for the lessee at the office or counting-house of the mine.

(4)Any notice required or authorised by this Act to be served shall also be sufficiently served, if it is sent by post in a registered letter addressed to the lessee, lessor, mortgagee, mortgagor, or other person to be served, by name, at the aforesaid place of abode or business, office, or counting-house, and if that letter is not returned [F1by the postal operator (within the meaning of the Postal Services Act 2000) concerned] undelivered; and that service shall be deemed to be made at the time at which the registered letter would in the ordinary course be delivered.

(5)The provisions of this section shall extend to notices required to be served by any instrument affecting property executed or coming into operation after the commencement of this Act unless a contrary intention appears.

(6)This section does not apply to notices served in proceedings in the court.

Recieved this letter from worst credit today, quoting final response at the top:

Re: Complaint

1st Credit Ref: .........

Further to your letter I can confirm that we have requested the copy agreement as per your request. This will be forwarded to on to you as soon as it is received.

We note that the Copy Agreement will not have been supplied within the specific time however, if an offence is committed, that does not affect the rights and duties between us. The Consumer Credit Act 1974 provides defences to any offence which we believe would apply in this case where we have to obtain documents and information to answer your request from the original creditor.

We are fully aware we cannot enforce a debt until the CCA request has been adhered to. Our client states that although currently unenforceable, the debt remains due and payable.

We are of the opinion that once the copy agreement has been received, that all of the legislation that you are mentioning in your letter will be fulfilled and we will therefore respectfully resume our request for repayment of the now long overdue debts.

You have not specified upon which ground you rely for your notice under s10 of the Data Protection Act and therefore we do not consider this valid; futhermore this is not a valid request as it falls under the exemption in Schedule 2 section 2(a) of the Act.

Furthermore, we would advise you to seek proer advice from a regulated body such as the Citizens Advice Beureau rather than using text from unregulated debt forums on the internet as they do not always provide the proper leagal advice that is suitable to every case.

Our aim is to resolve all complaints internally. However, in the event you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of the date of this letter. A copy of their leaflet is enclosed. We hope that we can resolve matters for you before you take this step.

Your Sincerely

Compliance Officer.

Received this letter from worst yesterday, unsure what step to take next, can anyone help?

Cheer

s4ddy

PLEASE HELP TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING Every pound donated to this site helps us to keep on helping others. Click Here to Donate

Recieved this letter from worst credit today, quoting final response at the top:

Re: Complaint

1st Credit Ref: .........

Further to your letter I can confirm that we have requested the copy agreement as per your request. This will be forwarded to on to you as soon as it is received.

We note that the Copy Agreement will not have been supplied within the specific time however, if an offence is committed, that does not affect the rights and duties between us. The Consumer Credit Act 1974 provides defences to any offence which we believe would apply in this case where we have to obtain documents and information to answer your request from the original creditor.

We are fully aware we cannot enforce a debt until the CCA request has been adhered to. Our client states that although currently unenforceable, the debt remains due and payable.

We are of the opinion that once the copy agreement has been received, that all of the legislation that you are mentioning in your letter will be fulfilled and we will therefore respectfully resume our request for repayment of the now long overdue debts.

You have not specified upon which ground you rely for your notice under s10 of the Data Protection Act and therefore we do not consider this valid; futhermore this is not a valid request as it falls under the exemption in Schedule 2 section 2(a) of the Act.

Furthermore, we would advise you to seek proer advice from a regulated body such as the Citizens Advice Beureau rather than using text from unregulated debt forums on the internet as they do not always provide the proper leagal advice that is suitable to every case.

Our aim is to resolve all complaints internally. However, in the event you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of the date of this letter. A copy of their leaflet is enclosed. We hope that we can resolve matters for you before you take this step.

Your Sincerely

Compliance Officer.

Received this letter from worst yesterday, unsure what step to take next, can anyone help?

Cheer

s4ddy

You can obtain advice from wherever you want to :rolleyes:

Next is sit back and wait to see what they come up with and a few complaints to TS and the OFT :)

Lilly you got any ideas or are you just here to judge? At least worst are taking some notice of what I have to say, after taking 2 months of harrasment, and obtaining a debt that has escalated from £100 to £394, what would you do?

PLEASE HELP TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING Every pound donated to this site helps us to keep on helping others. Click Here to Donate

Lilly you got any ideas or are you just here to judge? At least worst are taking some notice of what I have to say, after taking 2 months of harrasment, and obtaining a debt that has escalated from £100 to £394, what would you do?

What on earth :eek:

Or should I ask what are they on? :lol: