Stokeybird v. Barclaycard

stokeybird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well got my 2 years worth of statements saturday worked out the owe me £340 (it probably a lot more than that for the 6 years though) but one of my charges for £40 says "out of order charge" does anyone know what this means.

got the usual blow off letter and funny how nothing was mentioned about the £10 I sent

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Barclaycard 1 - MCOL sent 1/9/06 £432.29[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=1]Barclaycard 2 - Data Protection Act [COLOR=purple]sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Capital One 1 - Prelim sent 28/8/06 £916[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000]Capital One 2 - Data Protection Act sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Marbles - MCOL sent 30/08/06 £1225.23[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Black Horse - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue]CitiCards - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta]HFC - SAR sent 5/9/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

No, I have never seen one of those before.

Why don't you phone them and ask? After all, you have the right to know what you are getting charged for.

Please make sure you post the answer here, I'm sure that if you got charged, others will have too, and the answer will help everyone.

well I would but i've been on hold for the last 20 mins (thank god its my work phone)

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Barclaycard 1 - MCOL sent 1/9/06 £432.29[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=1]Barclaycard 2 - Data Protection Act [COLOR=purple]sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Capital One 1 - Prelim sent 28/8/06 £916[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000]Capital One 2 - Data Protection Act sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Marbles - MCOL sent 30/08/06 £1225.23[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Black Horse - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue]CitiCards - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta]HFC - SAR sent 5/9/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

right the "out of order charge" is basically because there were no payments on my account since September 2005 and the account was deemed out of order, hence the charge (and yes I am trying to claim this back)

• 4 weeks later...

finally got a responce from my LBA offering me £136 although they owe me £340.

Have sent them a letter today except the payment in part and will be chasing the rest. Gonna give them 7 days (only because im waiting for pay day) to pay up the rest.

Oddly enough they had said they will credit my card, but i was told that the account had been closed and was in the hands of the DCA

Hi Stokeybird, somehow I think that the offer of £136 as an interim payment will be refused.

Did you get a form to sign which says something like I accept £136 as a full and final payment? Just refuse it and I am sure they will just pay up in full. It won't be worth it to go to court for £340.

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya!:D

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

nah just a standard letter not even on Barclaycard paper (cheap skates)

• 2 months later...

I've got to fill in the application questionaire for the county court can someone please help me

Hi Stokey

A step by step guide to the questionnaire can be found here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

It really is as simple as it will soon appear.

skb

ps. make sure you include the "Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation." phrase in section G

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

and what does that mean?

As I understand it, Banks fear disclosure more than appearing in court.

Standard Disclosure will mean that banks will have to make public exactly how they arrive at the charge amount. This is one of the banks' most closely guarded secrets.

If we keep asking the judges for standard disclosure, then one of them may just enforce it. I asked for it on my AQ. Didn't get it though...yet!

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya!:D

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

ok cheers will keep everyone updated

im not from stoke:lol: