• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Suicide Note

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Consumer Forums - Welcome to the The Consumer Forums

by Mat Lloyd

- This is a piece of performance art - not a real suicide note.

Am I the only one who can't seem to open this link??

First it goes up with the new home page (looks fab btw) then goes to 'cannot open page' & an error message.

Same when I click on the link to the left of posts

:(

It's a good piece of dramatic art, but I feel very uncomfortable seeing 'Suicide Note' as a link on the left of everyones posts. It's everywhere! CAG gives us all the courage to go on and fight, so having 'Suicide Note' beside your posts is a bit alarming!

I'm not criticising the film - I really do think it's good. Please could you take it off everyone's posts though and display it another way?:)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Am I the only one who can't seem to open this link??

First it goes up with the new home page (looks fab btw) then goes to 'cannot open page' & an error message.

Same when I click on the link to the left of posts

:(

It's also quite difficult to find, as KJD says.

i couldnt get it to open neither

but suicide - the word sent shivers down my spine at first glance

rather it was somewhere else, if you could pls

or reword it in another way

sorry to speak up about it but having tackled depression and trying to get to the end of my dark tunnel, it did bring a few memories back to me

and im now thinking of others here that are all trying to deal with their debts and maybe thoughts of that had actually already crossed their minds even before joining cag- these are just my views dont want to offend anyone and im trying to see outside the box too from other perspectives

hope you all understand

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

I could not open the link either... Thankfully

And agree it should not be a link against our names

....How do I remove it from mine please????

I was near to the S word when I joined CAG

But all the lovely peeps on here befriended me and gave me hope and courage to learn there is always light at the end of the tunnel

PLease remove this horrible sig against our profiles

It is doing no one any good

Thanks

I found it despressing to see it on every post too, so much so that I dropped off here early last night and went to bed feeling miserable.

I note it's now gone, but I would comment that there's a lot of stuff in that column that does not seem to be really neccessary. A link to a supermarkets comparison site?

It's a pity the various 'adverts' that appear can't be controlled in a similar way to the announcements at the top of the page, that they either rotate or they only appear one at a time, by random selection?

There are several 'adverts' in the extreme left column already, it just seems to be clutter when applied to the user ID area as well.

I realise the siote is trying to drum up support for financial aid, but it is going a little too far now.

My 2p...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

A simple way for us to drum up support and one which may bring extra revenue to the site merely by way of averages is for us to put adverts in newsagents informing people of this wonderful site.

How many adverts in shops have you seen of companies advertising to take on our debts ive seen loads so why not do it ourselves.

Only takes one of the site team to make an advert postcard size which we can print off say 4 or 6 to an A4.

Makes sense to me the more people that know the more revenue is not that expensive ether to put a few in shops in your area.

Oh and should we not be finding a way to get the government to part fund this site at least as i for one now that this site is more useful than the CAB AND CCCS put together.

I have been invited to a meeting with my MP Mr David Willets by my local councilor on the 7th febuary 2009

What you think guys n dolls

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

thanks for the removal of it

feel so much better for others now

when you have got to the stage of even it crossing your mind that it could be answer to all your worries, it remains with you for life i guess

lets continue to help everyone to success and not have to think about that as an alternative to their problems

have a fun day all laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

No No No Please Stop, Please.

I really do not want to listen to this every time I sign in.

I know what brought me here, and I know how close I am to losing it right now, but I come here to be inspired, to help and be helped, and to laugh along the way if at all possible.

I really do not want to listen to a suicide note every time I sign in - it reminds me of just how close to the edge I am.

It may be performance art, but it does nothing to inspire me, in fact it has the opposite effect, so please, I implore you to remove the voiceover.

Edited by ohoh4312
blurry eyes

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

A simple way for us to drum up support and one which may bring extra revenue to the site merely by way of averages is for us to put adverts in newsagents informing people of this wonderful site.

How many adverts in shops have you seen of companies advertising to take on our debts ive seen loads so why not do it ourselves.

Only takes one of the site team to make an advert postcard size which we can print off say 4 or 6 to an A4.

Makes sense to me the more people that know the more revenue is not that expensive ether to put a few in shops in your area.

Oh and should we not be finding a way to get the government to part fund this site at least as i for one now that this site is more useful than the CAB AND CCCS put together.

I have been invited to a meeting with my MP Mr David Willets by my local councilor on the 7th febuary 2009

What you think guys n dolls

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Completely agree with your idea pompey :)

A4 would be ideal.

hiya

i like that idea

i will be upto do that even if i have to pay the monthly fee or whatever

be my way of spreading the info of the site about

but will wait on cag responce on best how to handle it,

take care all laters angel x

No No No Please Stop, Please.

I really do not want to listen to this every time I sign in.

I know what brought me here, and I know how close I am to losing it right now, but I come here to be inspired, to help and be helped, and to laugh along the way if at all possible.

I really do not want to listen to a suicide note every time I sign in - it reminds me of just how close to the edge I am.

It may be performance art, but it does nothing to inspire me, in fact it has the opposite effect, so please, I implore you to remove the voiceover.

This is worrying me ohoh. How do you sign in? I tend to have 'Debt Collection Industry' bookmarked and go straight there. I've had a problem this last week not being able to sign in automatically, but just scroll to the top of the Forum page and log in there. Can you explain the way you sign in? I agree it shouldn't be there. CAG isn't meant to disturb us ;) xx

Signed in through the homepage as I normally do. Thought I must have hit a link by accident, so I tried it 3 more times and it started playing as soon as the homepage loaded each time.

Don't worry, it probably was my fault, but in my heightened anxious state yesterday it just freaked me out.

God it reads like the ramblings of a mad woman!

Thanks for your concern though, hun, much appreciated. xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

I must admit that suicide note link did make me jump and gave me a shiver

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Thank heavens it has been removed! I found it really upsetting to see it staring me in the face all the time. I joined CAG when I was suicidal and since then have become in control of most of our joint finances and had many major wins..... this just took me back to how I originally felt and it was terrible:(

• 1 month later...

I have only just seen this thread and am glad I have.

When I first started posting on here, my first post in the 'welcome' forum talked about my experience with my OH's suicide attempt and the very night I posted it the 'suicide note' message seemed to appear. I'm sure it was there before, but it really freaked me out and seemed more than coincidental - I thought I was going mad and found it very upsetting.........and in bad taste.........

...........thank god it's gone!!!

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI