Citifinancial Loan&ppi Agreement Breakdown - Any Advice On The Amount To Claim Back?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

My loan with Citifinancial is as follows:

(1) Total Amount paid to the borrower £2,000.00

(2) Refinancing of Existing Indebtedness £2,243.90

(3)Optional Insurance as per application £1,429.98

(4)Arrangement Fee £ 115.00

Total Amount payable + Interest £10,792.32

I have a breakdown of the Insurance premium

Which is as follows:

Premium: £1,429.98

Interest: £1,235.96

Total £2,665.94

"On the insurance application form it states "All Insurances are optional and are not a condition or requirment of any loan agreement. Your Decision to purchase any insurance offered by Citifinacial will not affect our credit decision" - in the small print.

I distinctively recall the sales advisor saying that your loan will more likely be accepted if you purchase the insurance, she also failed to advise I could seek a cheaper more suitable cover (as I am already covered for many things through my employee such as long term sickness etc)

Based on the above, do you think I have a basis for a claim?

many thanks all!!

Lloyd

Edited by LloydyboyNG8
posted before I could complete the post!

I distinctively recall the sales advisor saying that your loan will more likely be accepted if you purchase the insurance, she also failed to advise I could seek a cheaper more suitable cover

Yes the above is good grounds for being Mis-Sold so start your claim.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 10 months later...

Hi have you got an address for citifincial or phone number i had two old loans with associates which became part of citifinicial i was told i had to have PPI i am trying to claim it back but cant find any contact address etc, the loans are now paid etc