Hailfax overdraft payments and charges.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have a overdraft with the halifax of £1,000.00, that had just enough going in each month to cover payment on bills.

Recently Halifax have seen fit to pay my debt card payments, automatic payments to ebay and 2 Direct Debt's to npower. Last year, 2008, ebay has had wait for there money to be paid until there are the funds to cover and have not been paid unless funds there to cover.

What halifax has been doing recently is paying ebay in full, when funds have not been available to cover payment, thus putting me over my £1,000.00 and then charging me for going over. Halifax have done this 3 times now.Plus the interest and charges for overdraft of £1,000.00

On the Direct Debt's Hailfax have paid also npower £160.00 and Charged me for this too (£35.00 each time).

Hailfax are now chasing me for payment, claiming that I owe them Nearly £500.00. Threaten to visit my home, cancel any cheques I have written. I don't write cheques unless money there to cover cheque. And Halifax have threatened to cancel my debit card. I don't use my debit card unless there is money in the account.

I went into ask Halifax about this, halifax have said they do not make payment unless funds are there in the first place. And yet what they have been doing is the apostate.

I saw my debt concealer last week and she said I should claim back all the charges.

But the thing is, is there anything else I can do about Halifax about paying out funds when funds not there to cover payment?

• 3 months later...

What I think I should do, after reading the OFT's guide lines on banks, overdrafts and banks in general is to complain to the OFT about Halifax as From what I understand from reading the OFT's guide lines is that Halifax has breached these guide lines. Anyone?

I also was sent a default notice that was based on Plenty charges. Are Halifax allowed to do this? Also writing letters demanding payment in full and claiming account closed? I also send an Sar letter to them and I am waiting for this info.

Also is an overdraft legal if no agreement is signed or produced in the first place?

Anyone???????

• 4 weeks later...

Also can a bank, like halifax, send my details to DCA and collect in full the sum of £1,500.00 if £500.00's are plenty/unfair charges. I ask again. I also was sent a default notice that was based on Plenty charges. Are Halifax allowed to do this? Or is this a breach of the banking Code?

Anyone????????????

• 2 weeks later...

They can ask a DCA to collect the money they considered is owed, however, if you couldn't pay it then they would expect you to come to a repayment plan. However, I would be reclaiming the charges made. Although there is a stay on claims the site are advising you to continue with claims and interest. You should also at the same time as making your claim negotiate the withdrawal of the default notice on the grounds that it contained penalty charges.

I have recently taken my grandson's case up with the Halifax and I have sent copies to the OFT and FSA as I believe they have not given him the right bank account and also the way in which is being operated is wrong.

Firstly they gave him the Ultimate reward account, he is only 19, an apprentice earning £90 per week. They charge £12.50 a month for this account so they are adding the £12.50 causing him to go overdrawn and then charging him £35.00. He has only been with the Halifax 12 months and he has over £500 in charges. Where money is concerned he has no commonsense at all. He used his debit card in Asda for £4.35 they authorised it although there wasn't enough money in th account to cover this transaction.

Personally, if the money isn't in the account they shouldn't be authorising debit card payments. They are actively encouraging young ones to get into debt. I have made this point to the OFT.

I am just awaiting the outcome from the Halifax. I have told them if their response is not satisfactory I will be proceeding to the FOS.

Good luck with your case I certainly wouldn't let them get away with it.