• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Arrows/drydens PAPLOC - GE Money Debenhams Store card debt

jackjones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And a CCA to Arrow!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think much about the tone of the letter, its not personal, they just want someone to fund this years Christmas party.

Santander were not the "original creditor" though, GE money were so good luck with them getting the CCA.

IF you get a claimform, we will help you deal with it, get those 2 letters sent then see what responses, if any, you get back.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

doesn't mater if they aren't.

the facts are theres a lot here that is in answered

the make up of the balance and the change from it being a only allowed spending 'in-house' with said group of companies and the fact it was changed to a general credit card.

there are rules and anomalies that surround such changes one that comes to mind is the M&S charge card that changed to a credit card they failed in their duties .

lots of threads here on that.

the sar here will be the teller of tale.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 years later...

A little bit of background. I've had this Debt a long time, it was a Debenhams/Santander storecard, was maxed to about 5K around 2001/2002 when I was married (in my name and she spent!) then she left 

with me and the debt (and lots of others).

Long story short, interest took it up to 12K, and I paid when I could and got it down to 9K. 

I've had phases where i've made payments and had phases

where i've totally ignored the letters as they've gone from one creditor to the other (and back again).

Over the last few years going back to 2009 when i've asked for help on here Ive had some good support.

(So its been 4 years since i've come on here to post anything). The last company to have it was ARROW GLOBAL and since 2018 its been going back and forth to DRYDENS.

Today I come for some advice. I've received a letter from DRYDENS FAIRFAX SOLICITORS and its similar to a letter i've had in the past

Its a letter saying they've took over the balance and that i've no repayment arrangement in place. It also says 'our client may also be willing to consider an offer of a significantly reduced amount to settle your account'

The bit thats unnerved me that i've never seen before in past letters is 'if we do not hear from you by 11th June we will issue you with a Letter of Claim on behalf of our client and full balance will remain due'

Do I need to be worried? 

Hope you can help. Thank you so very much.
Jack Jones

When did you last pay anything?

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3rd time you were told to stop payments and you didnt.

until or unless you get a letter of claim with a reply pack you ignore everyone..they are all part of the arrows group.

as long as you haven't now moved since the last time you wrote to them...cca request?? Or sar??

Dx

and they

Thanks for your help. Yes, you're right. totally messed up there, panic got hold of me :(

Okay I will ignore until anything arrives. Does the letter of claim come from the court?

Yes I did actually move in 2018, after I made the last payment in Dec 17. But their mail has still found me, however i've not replied.

I did send a CCA request to some company not sure who as it was way back might even be around 2013 if I had to guess. Can't recall if I did a SAR either. I think I totally put all this out of my mind!

Update - I've just checked through some old papers and I did send a CCA request but it was 2009 and they came back with a photocopy of the agreement from 2001 (it was with GE money at the time). I dont think I sent off for a SAR.

Send arrows a new cca request

you must always update debt owners of a move

Letter of claim will come from drydens...

Comeback here with the full cca return to pdf if one ever comes

and they

Thank you, much appreciated.

With the CCA, is it best to post a letter or send email?  either way I'll get on it right now. 

Should I just put my new address in the letterhead or state 'this is my new address' ?

If I get anything back i'll be back here asap. 

just send a new CCA request, how can you use email when you have to send a £1PO and you NEVER give a fleecing dca a free way to harrass you...

dx

and they

OK I sent CCA request on Monday 7/6 recorded delivery with a postal order uncrossed with £1 stating on the back that it didn't go towards any alleged debt.

Wednesday 9/6, received the postal order back from Arrow with a cover letter saying they no longer charge a fee and 'we will respond as soon as we can'

Then on Friday 11/6 morning a letter dated the 10th (they said if we didn't hear back from you by the 11th) I got a letter of claim from Drydens saying 'if you do not provide proposals to repay, legal action may be issued in the county court'.  Along with 'you have 30 days to respond'. Attached is a printout of an income and expenditure sheet.

Click letter of claim follow post 2

But you obv dont issue a new cca

and they

Thank you dx. Understood not to send for another CCA.
I've had a read through note #2, my first time seeing anything like this. Thank you for bearing with my questions!

When ticking box D, "I dispute this debt because"..recommended reason as advised from your thread, what reason should I use?
(The truth is I do owe some money from way back, it was originally 5K, interest saw it go up to 11K (so unfair), and I paid 2K get it down to £9k (as currently owed)) in my eyes, I only owe £3K.  Id rather not pay anything as my ex-wife (who wasn't in her name) spent it!

When ticking box I, "I have requested by way of a cca request the signed agreement from the debt purchaser [CC is attached to this reply form]" who is this, would this be Arrow?

When I've filled in the PAP reply form, i'll send it off first thing Monday morning.  What happens then, I just wait, what happens if it goes past 12 days with the CCA, or 30 days with these documents?

Many thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to Arrows/drydens PAPLOC - GE Money Debenhams Store card debt

well ......

1st you need to go back to post 1 and carefully read ALL this thread from the start again and pay attention to the advice and the undertones it explains about 'debt'.

2nd ...the truth is you owe no-one ANYTHING, the OC wrote off and sold the debt, and got most of it back against tax and business insurance schemes ...throw the morality card out the window...the OC did by selling the debt on for <10p=£1. and the DCa want the full balance ...id so many fools stopped paying powerless DCA's tomorrow, the whole industry would collapse overnight.

3rd the only reason this is still around your neck is because you failed to follow given advice...had you ..it would now be statute barred.

On 01/05/2013 at 15:18, ken100464 said:

Have read your thread again in total.

Your default notice states your Debenhams Gold Dual Card.

Our Debenhams Dual Card was one of these uprated storecards. Your CCA is for a storecard same as ours but Santander v Mayhew goes to show that they needed to get you to sign a new agreement when it was uprated. If you have a SAR which you were off to get back in 2009 then you should see the uprating in the coms log if it happened.

Might not be the case for you but I would be suspicious of what its saying your card was on that Default notice.

^^^ very important research the M+S credit card debacle using our enhanced google searchbox on this page

as for the PAPLOC reply,

D.. desipte a previous CCA requests, the claimant has yet to supply any/all of the required paperwork.

i: delete [CC is attached to this reply form]" 

and they