• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Arrows/drydens PAPLOC - GE Money Debenhams Store card debt

jackjones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you are being cash cowed blind

STOP PAYING

what does your CRA file say about this debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi dx,

thanks for that

Just waiting on my credit report from callcredit. I've never actually seen it before. I sent off for it the other day.

I hate panic! I don't own a house or car, just rent.

dx

Received my Credit Report at last.

The debt shows on there, under Santander (not Arrow Global) - and the balance is wrong it says 12K but last statement from Santander says its about 10K, showing the payments scotcall have passed to them.

Payment status says D D D D D D D, Default status, but I've been paying every month.

Date account updated shows as 02/05/2013

Then under account history

- It shows an entry for each month going backwards so May 2013, Apr 2013 etc with the same 12K current balance on each line going back to 2009. I know from my latest Santander statement (Dec 12) its less than that.

I'm currently waiting on the SRA back from Santander as advised, and still npthing from Arrow Global.

oh btw, this Credit Report was from CallCredit

well that shows you can ignore arrows then atleast.

and snotcrawl

if you must pay its to the OWNER satan's bank.!

dx

so satans bank are not updating the cra either

now, whats the defaulted date in the debt summary [not the update one]

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The thing is, Santander say they've sold the debt, to Arrow.

And heard nothing from them as yet.

Still waiting on the SRA from Santander.

I have a photo of it if you need to, can I attach it doesn't seem so!

The defaulted date says 28/10/2009

here

statement.pdf

• 11 months later...

Hello again everyone, its been since last year when Arrow took over this account, and i've been paying it.

I'm worried about these Statutory Demands which came in last year. I'm not a home owner. Do i have a reason to worry?

Stat demands are the 1st step in the Bankruptcy Process the debt must be £750.00 + for a SD to be issued.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier. This debt is 9k, being recovered by Scotcall, via arrow. I've had repeated posts in the past on this thread saying dont pay etc, I don't own property, are these new powers to use if I stopped paying?

Statutory demands have been around for a long long time, they are nothing new.

You haven't received one have you?

What have you done about reclaiming any charges that might be on this account and the PPI, both of which have been mentioned previously in the thread?

Many thanks for that Brigadier.

No I haven't received one.

I'll be really honest here. When arrow got back to me and the pressure was off, I kind of just kept paying. And head back in the sand. I was really worried because somebody mailed me (a so called friend) saying about new leglislation came out last year these demands.

I'm going to go about and reclaim the charges very soon, changes in my life mean I have to pull my finger out, or head out of the sand, rather.

Either of those tends to lead to the other happening as well.

You may be very surprised as to how much of a dent these reclaims will put in the overall debt.

• 3 years later...

Hi Everyone.

First off I want to say thank you for the help you guys give me, its been really helpful in the past.

I've put my head in the sand again and its now fully out wanting to face this problem head on! PLEASE HELP!

I've received letters recently saying the debt that was originally Debenhams > GE Money > Santander > Scotcall > Arrow has now being appointed to drysdenfairfax solicitors

I still owe 9k. I lost my job 3 years ago, and i've become self employed, and only just started to get on my feet. I'll be really brutally honest, I stopped paying Scotch and moved

address. Not actually on purpose, it just sort of happened, life changed, and I just got on with it.

But i've realised this 9k isn't going to go away and I want to deal with it however possible. Without going into it, I was married once and it was in my name and my wife sort of just kept spending then left me! (with the debt) hence my reason for 'putting it off' I think. It was originally a 5k debenhams card which over time with interest became doubled and i've paid about 1500 off it (you'll be able to see the past dealings in this post)

The original debt was from 2002 I think but i've been making payments on it over the years on/off, and i've paid something to them in the last couple of years. I did actually once do a CCA request this was about 3 or 4 years ago and sure enough they dug it out (I've misplaced it since!)

I just got a letter this morning from dresdenfairfax solicitors to the effect of :-

Our client arrow global - original creditor santander

instructed by our client 'arrow' to commence legal proceedings in the county court if you don't provide proposal of repayment by 6 june

then ... its not too late to stop the claim being issued. contact us to discuss.

My questions are

1. Where do I start?

2. Should I just contact them and pay something every month to stop it going to court (I don't want it to go to court)

3. Should I respond or ignore?

Can anybody help ? I'm serious about tackling this debt now! as with all things they don't go away unless we deal with them!!

Much much appreciated, I'm losing sleep over this one! :(

When was your last cash cow payment to scotcall fleecers

and they

well you've never sent arrows a CCA request

and

why oh why did you continue to pay snotcrawl after being told to stop !

it would be statute barred by now had you stopped

and they

No I didn't send arrow a CCA request to arrow, I did to the one previous as you'll see in the past posts.

I know that was really foolish now.

I can't recall :( I feel really stupid'.

After I stopped paying they actually turned up at my door one day I lived in a flat at the time, and a neighbour let them in and they were stood at my front my door.

I think that's why I probsbly why I didn't stop know I can't turn the clock back now :( That's a real shame.

What do you think I could do?

snotcrawl are not bailiffs

as with any DCA they can be ignored

you should have told them to leave or you'd call the police.

send that CCA request to arrows.

dx

and they

I did feel intimated. I was 9 stone heavier and living on my nerves.

I wish I could turn back the clock grrr.

Thank you so much for your advice. Thank god for this forum and all you kind people.

Ok I'll do that.

The new firm drysdale fairfax said on their letter that arrow will start legal action if I don't send them repayment proposals before 2nd June should I just ignore that and wait to see what comes from the CCA?.

no they didn't say will

go read it PROPERLY.

and they

Ok I've travelled home and got the letter (rather than try to recount it from memory). This is it word for word.

"We are instructed by our client Arrow Global limited to commence legal proceedings against you in the county court if you do not provide proposals for repayment of this debt by 6 June 2017"

Then goes onto say

"If we do not receive clear proposals to repay this debt by 6 June 2017 we will commence legal proceedings against you and a claim form will be issued for the full outstanding balance. "

Should I ignore and still send off the CCA?

Thanks again.

better if you scan the letter to pdf please

follow the upload

send the CCa request

they are operating under 'instructions' from the client, we'll no

just the threat-o-gram pc can see the £££ signs here and has been configured to use the same printer as all the other letters about the debt and up the anti.

you indicate you had previously sent an SAR

have you still got that info?

and they

get a new sar running to Santander

and they