Redundancy- help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I started a new job two weeks ago,which an agency found me the job.

It was a permanent job.

After the end of the 2nd week I was called into the office & was told they where terminating my contract as from that day due to a member of staff that was returning to the company and a downturn in work.

The advisor from the agency called me today & told me,it didn't sound right in what they where saying & that I can go for unfair dissmal,if the company state this in my letter,which I should receive tomorrow.

As I had only been there two weeks & was under probationary period for six months I asked if I could do this & was told yes.

Is what the agency is saying correct?

Can I go for unfair dissmisal?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633 

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643 

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail

I think that you need to ask why the advisor why they thought that you had a claim for unfair dismissal. Unless for a case of discrimination or another of the permitted exemptions, then unfortunately you have very few rights in law. You can always appeal against the dismissal, but cannot take the matter to a Tribunal unless you have more than 12 months service. With only two weeks service (the probationary period is irrelevant) you do not even have a right to notice, so even a breach of contract claim would be of little benefit.

Perhaps your advisor will give more details, and we will be happy to help if you wish to share them with us.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!