Urgent advice needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a visit from the bailiffs today demanding £450 odd for an unpaid ticket issued in December 2007. They had clamped the car and were going to remove it if I didn't pay there and then. Checking up I find that my wife paid the ticket in July last year and I was able to produce a receipt. Merton Bailiffs say that because the bailiffs warrant had been issued already and that my wife paid Merton directly rather than the bailiffs it meant the payment hadn't been recognised. Consequently there was an outstanding fee of £11.20. When I offered to pay this (no answer as to why we hadn't been advised of this sum) they said it was in the hands of recovery agents. They have now phoned back and say that instead of the £450 they will drop the clamping fee but the call out etc still stands so that will be £241 please.... for £11.20. I tried to argue that any letter they sent (we haven't actually received anything from them) would have been in error as the fine had been paid. They say 'tough luck' pay up or we will re-attend tomorrow morning and the charges will go up again....

I have until tomorrow morning to deal with this ....HELP!

Traffic Enforcement Centre attached to Nottingham County Court

Shouldn't that read Northampton County Court.

Info about - County Court Bulk Centre - Traffic Enforcement Centre

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D