Lowell / Red / Hamptons Legal cap1

jaxads
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

I've the treble off !!!

The three Leeds Losers are all chasing me for one Cap One debt that is made up of charges !!!

Is it right that one company should use three different aliases to chase one debt.

I've a folder full of correspondence, but last Hamptons LEgal was dated 31 December, first and last letter from Red dated 20 January, then today, received a telephone call - at work :eek: - from Lowell themselves.

Am going to write to all of them, listing each address on the one letter, so each can see that the letter is being sent to the others.

Red are claiming to be the authorised debt collector of their client, Lowell

Hamptons are stating their clients are Lowell

Lowells say they've bought the debt from Cap One

Oh happy days !!!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

The Leeds Losers pass the paperwork round so many desks in the threat centre that they confuse the threat monkeys so they end up not knowing their rear orrifice from their elbows

• Haha 1

I've written to them today -- the final paragraph is congratulating them on their wonderful performance on the BBC last night :D

Will keep this thread updated, as the rest of the letter was ... shall we say .... interesting, but don't want to post too much just yet :eek:

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

Do you think its legal to lift signatures from lowell letters and photoshop them into frames to sell on ebay as authentic lowell autographs as seen on the BBC ?

I reckon I could get £9.99 each for these

kw2.jpg

ash - at least £9.99 - on a good day you could make a fortune with those (especially if they do a sequel :D:D)

Shawn - the golden rule for all DCAs - don;t speak to them on the phone - everything in writing. They make their wages up in commission from what people pay them that is why they try every trick in the book when they phone you:mad:

jaxads

• 2 weeks later...

Update.....

Received two letters this morning, one from Red, one from Lowells:rolleyes:

Lowells said they'd need to obtain further information from OC

Red said they're taking me to court!!

So, I rang Red (just for the fund of it) and the conversation went along these lines::

Red Hello can I take you through security please

Me Answers all questions like an angel - as I did ring them!!

Red Are you going to pay your debt today in full by credit/debit card.

Me No

Red Silence

Me I'd like to know if you received my previous letter dated ......

Red Just a minute I'll check the system. Yes I have it here.

Me Did you read it?

Red Just a minute, I'm reading it now

Me You're reading it now, you mean you've sent me a letter threatening court action and you've not even read my letter.

Red

Edited by jaxads

jaxads

I dont know why, but I never finished my conversation

the next bit went along the lines .....

Red Yes I've just finished reading your letter. I don't actually believe you're entitled to a refund

Me Yes, well I am of a different view to you then.

Red I'll pass your account to our admin dept to deal with.

Me so you're not taking me to court then. I'd quite like a day out with you.

Red Pardon

Me I'd quite like to go to court with you and then I could get my charges back.

Red The Admin Department are dealing with your account now.

Me So what would you like me to do with this letter you sent saying you were taking me to court.

Red You can disregard the letter.

Me Should I burn it, shred it, bin it

Red Yes, please disregard.

Me Can I take your name again please, i may need it for future reference.

Red Gives name.

Me Thank you very much for your help today. If you should happen to ring me again ^NAME^ then I'll be personally reporting you for harassment. Thank you again. Bye.

Red Thank you madam, goodbye

Now I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation - the guy was so harassed by the end of it - I do hope I didn't totally ruin his weekend :D

REMEMBER THE CAG GOLDEN RULE - DON'T PHONE A DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY --- unless it's for the fun of it.

DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY THEM.

I'm going to ring the other phone in the office next (the one on the desk that sends out letters with LOWELL letterheads).

LOWELLS / RED AND HAMPTONS LEGAL are one and the same.

jaxads

Well, its more than obvious yet again that one desk doesn't know what the other is doing

One letter received from GLENIS GLOVER at RED saying one thing

Another from SAMANTHA SWALLOW at LOWELLS saying different

Glenis Glover and Samantha Swallow --- they've got to be fictitious!!!!

Needless to say, they're getting a letter right back telling them what's what:p and I could sign it Cathy Credit or Mary Megabucks !!!

jaxads

Hey guys, I have been following some of the threads on Lowell here and I would be very interested to know if they ever took anyone to court.. I mean they're threatening with that quite often and they have returned some kind of a copy of a credit agreement to me, but there was no signiture on it.. sorry to butt in your thread.

Hi Checkm8 - no problem, I've just written inviting them to take me to court (I'd fully defend and add costs of course;))

I've laid down the gauntlet ...... watch this space :eek:

jaxads

• 4 weeks later...

Egg got Bryan Carter Solicitors to put a claim into the courts. But when I asked for the CCA from Bryan Carter they decided not to persue and the proceedings were stopped. I never got the CCA and I didnt get the money back. However Lowell / Red / Hamptons Legal say that Egg sold the debt to them. Im looking forward to a day in court... can I subpoena Egg, for selling something to this DCA, knowing they dont have the CCA and that they were in breach of the debt. I should not have to submit another CCA request?

Ive been looking forwaard to court for months. They keep passing it around depts, each with a threat of bankruptcy, CCJ etc... I wish they'd get a pair of balls. This is the most fun Ive had in ages. I must get out more.

• 3 months later...

Hi Penny4your -- I agree, I think I need to get out more. I quite enjoy the letters to/from this lot of (unprintables)!!

I've another update on the saga. Apparently, according to RED ... blah blah blah. ....... .they're going to advise their client who are (according to them) Capital One (no they're not - capital one sold the account to Lowells - their mate sitting the next desk along) to issue a claim.

That's what I asked them to do months ago!!

However, they then go on to say that they could end up applying for bankruptcy, a charge on my home, attachment to earnings, selling my kids (ok maybe not that, but you can see where I'm going!!)

All for an alleged debt (made up entirely of £12 charges) of just over £300 when the credit limit was only £200. And, they've not yet provided a signed CCA agreement.

I'd love to have a day out at court with this lot.:D

But in the meanwhile will write back to them, stating a few facts of my own - and update on here when I receive a reply!!!

I love the summer, I really must get out more and stop harrassing these poor DCAs:rolleyes:

jaxads

Hi Cerber - this is the full paragraph:

We now intend to advise our client to issue a claim in the County Court to recover the debt. If successful in obtaining judgement and if your account remains in a non paying status, we will further advise our client to apply to the court to enforce the judgement. If granted, enforcement action could take a number of forms, including a charge against your property or an attachment directly to your earnings. Alternatively, as stated in previous correspondence we may initiate steps to file a petition for your bankruptcy by applying to the court. If the Court was then to grant a final bankruptcy order this would have serious implications for you, possibly in relation to any assets or property you own being taken away and sold.

Note all the IFs in there!!!:rolleyes: (an also note any spelling mistakes are their's not mine:D)

Not bad considering they don't even hold a valid CCA agreement.

I've let them have it big style :eek: in my response to their letter I can tell you. Let's see what drivel they send back.

jaxads

have brought this threat of bankruptcy for under £750

to the attention of OFT,as a deliberate attempt to miss lead.

they state that because the example letters that I forwarded actually say

"should your balance exceed the insolvency threshold of £750"

IT IS NOT MISS LEADING:mad:

bloody is,not the recievers fault that they use a standard template,saying IF. balance is shown on the letter,so why include a sentence that would never apply.still a scare tactic.

why then do lowell/red and all the other cretins do it.

why not just leave it out

or at least be truthfull if they like to mention and say,we know that you only owe 14P

but hope that you panic,see the word bankruptcy and call us as a matter of urgency.

debit/credit card at the ready:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

• Haha 1

I wonder if they accept christmas cards or birthday cards as opposed to debit cards:D

I'm sure someone on here tried that (I can remember almost choking with laughter when reading the thread!!)

jaxads

• 2 weeks later...

ok... So I have a court date for next month. No CCA still, im going to send them 1 last letter, before court requesting it again. Now you cant say im not being fair. Although Id rather give them a Sharon Osborne surprise. What a bunch of time wasters they are. I still think I have the bigger balls than them to see it through. Although I couldnt have done it without the support of the people here. Nearly there. Oh and just to spice it up a bit. Trading Standards have reopened my 2yr old complaint about Egg, and there very interested in Lowell. Im sending them my court bundle.

Hi sorry to jump into your thread but didnt no how to start my own. I have been receiving letters from lowell, red and hamptons for several months, which i have ignored, they say the debt is with barclays for £650(aprox) I have no idea what this is (I have a barclaycard debt of about £600 and im over my overdraft limit on my barclays acc by a few hundred £'s-can they chase me for overdraft monies etc?) I have had serious financial probs for a few years and burried my head in the sand an have not been able to pay-or should i say, i have not paid for nearly 3 years(which is wrong i know but depression does funny things to you) they are only just chasing me and i dont know what to do about it, im a single mum on income support living in my parents spare bedroom with my daughter!! any help would be appreciated

Hi sorry to jump into your thread but didnt no how to start my own. I have been receiving letters from lowell, red and hamptons for several months, which i have ignored, they say the debt is with barclays for £650(aprox) I have no idea what this is (I have a barclaycard debt of about £600 and im over my overdraft limit on my barclays acc by a few hundred £'s-can they chase me for overdraft monies etc?) I have had serious financial probs for a few years and burried my head in the sand an have not been able to pay-or should i say, i have not paid for nearly 3 years(which is wrong i know but depression does funny things to you) they are only just chasing me and i dont know what to do about it, im a single mum on income support living in my parents spare bedroom with my daughter!! any help would be appreciated

If you scroll to the bottom of Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums & click 'new thread' you'll be able to post your own & won't get lost in someone eles thread. :-)