Notice to quit - Councils Response!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 19th June i was given a fully legal and binding notice to quit and AT6 - contacted council and had to wait 2 weeks for an appointment. Presented myself as going to be homeless and due to having depression and agorophobia (long term), my homeless officer advised I try for the medical points as well.......well now I am only three weeks away from my eviction date, and the council still have NOT processed my housing application. They are refusing to give me any homeless points until they have fully investigated my medical problems. I have explained to them, that as with other councils, they can process the application on the homeless status for the time being, and add the extra medical points at a later date, but they are refusing to do so even though I have VERBALLY been told they are accepting me as homeless. I have missed out on two possible flats with a housing association because of this, as all they need to grant me priority is confirmation from the council that I am effectively homeless in three weeks. I have contacted the CAB, who have also spoken to the council on my behalf, but they are refusing to budge! I am at my wits end, as with my medical problems, being put into a B&B away from what I know best, and away from the therapy groups etc is not going to be good for me!

Hearing date 04/12/06 - Halifax £399.62

Hearing date 04/12/06 - Cap One £167.21

have you got in touch with your local mp??

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

Hello

Send a letter and explain what is going and tell them about your medical condition or find out when his next surgery is and go along and see him/her and tell them whats gone on and they may be able to help.

Welly:)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Also dont worry about being out on the said date the council will tell you to stay put till there is a court order evicting you very stressful I know but thats how they work if you move out before being evicted they will claim you made yourself voluntarily homeless - idiots arent they? Do stay put tho

hey if it comes to it squat!! they have more bloody rights anyway...

dont let them push you around, and dont get down about it.... look at things in a different way... are they gonna see you on the street with no house? no they aren't and in 6 months time, you will probably be somewhere better anyway....!

but defo get intouch with your m.p and ask him what he/she is going to do about it and keep in touch with him, dont let it go by a for a few days without getting in touch and seeing what he/she is doing.

also make yourself known at the council, ring them up everyday, mither them,(they will soon get the message) and probably get done what needs to be done, and keep a note on who you speak to and try to speak to one or two people at the most, so you dont confuse yourself.

lisaxx

lisaxx

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

Well here is an update for you - for what its worth!!!!!!

I have been granted my medical priority ......however........this wont get processed until after the 7th of August, as my housing officer is on holiday till that date, and as I have annoyed them so much, no-one else will process it in his absence - eviction date is the 19th august!!!!!!!

Anyone got a spare cardboard box!!??

Joking aside - they will give me long term B&B accommodation until they can provide me with a permanent house or flat - but guess where they are going to put me??? Bearing in mind I suffer with agorophobia, they are going to smack me slap bang into a B&B in the middle of Edinburgh in one of the roughest areas imaginable - why bother acknowledging my medical difficulties if they are just going to go and make them even worse!!!!!!!!

Guest Lueeze

it happened to me and the day i needed to leave they found me somewhere, its normal practice!

They have told me that as i have no dependants i can expect to be in B&B for a minimum of 6mths going off their current numbers of medical priorities!

Sorry to sound down but theyre probably right because of right to buy and councils not funding new social housing there is a massive shortage in the UK.

Have you asked the council to refer your application to all the relevant HA's in the area assuming they run some kind of common housing register?

Hi

I too have just been served a Section 21 - Notice to Quit from my landlord. I'm gutted as we have not long since decorated this house. I have 3 children & I really don't need the upheaval & 2 months is not long really to get sorted. I told this to the Homeless section, asked if i really need to be out in 2 months, they told me that i don't, if i don't move then my landlord will have to take me to court for not moving, then again at a later date to have me evicted. It could take 6 months - 1 year to eventually get me out & it will be at the landlords expense.

Fingers crossed that i get offered a decent house as there is definately a shortage.

Hi

I too have just been served a Section 21 - Notice to Quit from my landlord. I'm gutted as we have not long since decorated this house. I have 3 children & I really don't need the upheaval & 2 months is not long really to get sorted. I told this to the Homeless section, asked if i really need to be out in 2 months, they told me that i don't, if i don't move then my landlord will have to take me to court for not moving, then again at a later date to have me evicted. It could take 6 months - 1 year to eventually get me out & it will be at the landlords expense.

Fingers crossed that i get offered a decent house as there is definately a shortage.

I wouldnt take that as gospel - my homeless officer said that as notice to quit and AT6 had been issued, all the landlord had to do from there is apply to the court for an eviction....and as he has served correct papers the court would grant immediately - expected time allowance 1mth!!!! However, if you have only been given notice to quit, and NOT the AT6 - then he will need to either serve the AT6 at a later date with a new notice to quit (2mths). It might be advisable going and seeing your CAB office too......cos I think councils will tell you anything to get you out of their hair.

As an update to my situation....I now have 11 days till I am due to move, and the council rang me today to advise that they have now processed my application......woopeee doo......good job I managed to find a very understanding landlord that would let me move in with only a partial deposit ------moving date is thurs 17th!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...