Redstone/HML: Why can they get away with it?

JMJVB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There have been many comments on these forums regarding sub-prime mortgage companies and the devious ways in which they operate. Why are they still getting away with inflicting misery on countless homeowners? So many oblivious borrowers have been duped into taking on what they think is a "mortgage" with Redstone or Kensington, without knowing that it is not a mortgage at all but a securitised debt, and that Redstone etc. are not mortgage lenders but glorified debt collectors. A company called Homeloan Management runs these imaginary mortgage companies and collects the monthly payments, without the innocent borrower ever finding out unless they happen to read these forums. Their sole aim is to repossess their victims' properties, which they will do without negotiation as soon as the victim falls into arrears by 2 months.

PLEASE, is there no way that those of us who have been led into this trap can rise up and do something to have these companies stamped out? What about an online petition to the government, or a campaign in the newspapers to spread as much information as possible to the public about what is going on?

The FSA turns a blind eye. Despite complaints, they have done nothing. The government either does not know or does not care, same with the judicial system. I read yesterday that Redstone are now trying to repossess an animal sanctuary. How low can they stoop?

Let's unite against **** like this NOW. A mass protest is needed. Even now, more unsuspecting people are being sold "mortgages" with Redstone, and in doing so are giving up their chance of ever owning their property, are taking on a huge unmanageable debt, and most probably signing away their homes.

Hi

This is what I sent:

I am writing to you to ask why no one is putting pressure on the sub prime lenders to lower their interest rates.

Every day in the press we read that the High Street banks are being told they must do more to help borrowers but nothing is being said to the companies who through their greed and bad practices have caused part of this financial crisis.

There are companies such as Southern Pacific Mortgages Limited, Kensington, and Preferred Mortgages that are still charging their borrowers high interest.

I have a mortgage with SPML and fortunately it is relatively small, but they charge 4.25% plus LIBOR so when my fixed rate ended in May I was paying nearly 10%. When I took out the mortgage I was not told what would happen to it, i.e that after 3 months it would be securitized and traded. I was unaware that the company, Capstone Mortgage Services that I make my payments too were nothing more than debt collectors. Capstone are not able to offer any help to lenders, they are not allowed to alter the terms of the mortgage to capitalise arrears or offer payment breaks or any of the help offered by prime lenders.

There are also the sub prime secured loan companies such as Welcome, Blemain finance, Firstplus and more. These too are charging interest rates of 14% on average but also refuse to lower them. I have a secured loan with Blemain and when I asked why their rates remain so high I was just told that their rates are not linked to BOE and they were not in a position to cut them.

There are many people with mortgages and loans with such companies who are now struggling and many are facing eviction but it seems nothing is being done by the powers that be to put any pressure on them.

Most of us who have been unfortunate to have these loans are not greedy borrowers but have been put in the unfortunate position of being told by bad advisors, who gain huge commission payments that these were our best options.

I feel that as these companies have been the cause of much of this crisis and should be closed down and as a result forfeiting any gains they make and the borrowers should have their interest rates cut to 0% for the remainder of their agreements.

Yours sincerely

Thanks Midge,

I will be using this in a similar way, if you dont mind, and posting to my Local Lib Dem councilor plus my local MP.

Can you point me in the right direction, for a letter to FOS regarding arrears management fees and exessive charges on the mortgage account too, and anyone else really, where i will make a few waves too ??

Kind regards

B-O-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Hi

I have actually put in a complaint against my mort company to the FOS but I don't know if they would take much notice of a letter.

I suppose we could write to the OFT but again they don't deal with individual complaints but if they get enough I suppose they should look into it.

You can deffinately count me in, Anything that will get the powers to be to sit up and take notice and get join the real world !!!!

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

Hi, to all of you out there who are willing to get together and make a stand against Redstone and other sub prime companies. I am willing to write to the OFT and make a collective complaint on your behalf. If you would like to PM me I will send you my address for you to send your own complaint/grievance/story. I will then send them all off en masse to the OFT and see if we can get something done to bring these parasites to justice. Anything is worth a try!

Hi Guys, Great idea JMJVB !

Having just fought (with a lot of help from the great people on this site) the 2nd notice of eviction from SPML last wednesday and just getting back to some normality from it, Could you giv me some guidance as to what things i need to include in my statement that would help the cause ?

Help really appreciated, thanks.