Damage, violence, abuse, prosecutions, etc etc etc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear reader

Reading through the other posts I get the feeling there are a lot of knowledgeable people out there that may be able to assist me. I have already found some Acts, from these posts but admit there is so much to wade through.

Any advice offered gratefully received. Where do I start?

I don’t want to sound like where I live is a hellhole, but.

The development is wonderful, with many fantastic neighbours. They keep me sane.

The problems I am having are in relation to the Managing Agent, and his employees/representatives.

I bought my flat in March 2006. When it was emptied of the previous owners possessions I noticed a bad damp patch on the inside of the outer wall. Upon further inspection I noticed that the downspout had become detached, meaning vast amounts of the water from the roof was escaping onto the outer wall causing the damp internally.

I notified the Managing Agent, after several months, a couple of handy men, with a cherry picker landed up and replaced the entire down spout. Great. No. Within a month the same problem was back.

Again I notified the MA through his site reps. I was informed that the work carried out cost £1,000. There was insufficient money to do the job again. The two handy men were nowhere to be seen. I was later informed their company folded.

In January 2007 the hot water tank in the flat above burst. The flat was vacant and marketed for sale. The ceilings in three of my rooms came down. The plaster on one wall had to be completely replaced. The flat above had to be broken into via locksmith, as the owners refused to attend.

Again I notified the MA through his on site agents. It’s a large development with many on site staff. I pursued and pursued. According to the lease the responsibility for the cost of damage was with the owner of the flat above me. If he refuses to pay the development would cover the cost and bill the owner as rent in arrears.

I got nowhere and in the end had to pay for the cost of repair myself, several thousand. The flat above was sold a few months later.

Couldn’t get worse? By now relationships were frayed. However what was to come was worse.

One of the employees on site took it upon himself, to start a one man hatred campaign. It started with verbal abuse, to physical attacking. The manner of which was so severe I took it upon myself to initially audio, then video/audio record myself when I was in the communal areas.

One physical attack I asked for the development CCTV footage around the development. It was deleted prior to the police viewing it.

The level and intensity was enough that the police were horrified. I think they took particular displeasure when he was recorded stating he would kick the crutches from under me. He was prosecuted in a court of law.

The MA was notified of this treatment continually. His statement prior to conviction, ‘I don’t believe you’. No comment after. This employee is still employed at the development. Whereby I have now received death threats from him.

If only I was finished. My flat is directly above the communal sewer. Access to the sewer is in a locked room beneath my flat.. After all this, the sewers started to back up. My flat was flooded. The level reached 4 inches from the top of the bath.

It was found that a sewer rod was trapped in the sewer at the inspection eye, in the locked room. Guess who of only two people had access to this room?

Where do I go from here.

From the MA we have not had accounts for three years.

Workmanship on site is of an appallingly low standard, often carried out by unqualified personnel.

I fear being inside and outside my home.

It has taken a long time to pluck the courage to place these events in writing. I hope the learned readers can offer me some insight as to how or where to go from here.

Thanks for reading.

Maybe if you were not so sharp with your replies on other people's posts, you might have got some help!

I would have thought that you might have been sympathetic to the other post as you have problems with threatening behaviour too

Edited by help me kick his butt

Please note, my advice is only my opinion.

If you have found my advice helpful, please tip my scales, thank you