Landlord Threatened Violence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I posted yesterday about my brother being illegally evicted by Landord for arrears even though he had no court order.

We decided to help him move yesterday as we thought it best for safety. We did call the police who logged it.

This morning we text the landlord to say that we had moved him out and that we had put the key through the door. The previous day he had mentioned court proceedings to recover the arrears (2 months) so we told him to send it to our solicitor as my brother is disabled and would be unable to respond correctly. He then said don't mess with me I'm coming round now. I took my son out so that he wasn't there when he arrived. My husband called the police and while he was on to the police the landlord turned up at our house. Forced entry into our property by breaking our gates and said we have till Friday to pay or he will be back with his mates and said you know what I mean.

The police woman heard all of this and sent the police around. THey said they could arrest him but obviously we are concerned for our safey and any repercussions. I know we can get an injunction but still fear reprisals. We feel our only option is to somehow find the money. We have never said that it would not be paid but wanted to set up a payment plan. We don't think we can find the money in time.

Does anyone have any advice please?

quote > Registered Disabled persons have their rent paid by the state.

i'm afraid they DONT, unless they are claiming benifits , and then claim housing benifit etc

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Guest Bad to the bone

Pay the rent due, on time to avoid confrontation.

Does the landlord has a right to their rent?

What attempts in the unpaid rent two months did you make to resolve the situation?

Who is in the wrong?

Edited by Bad to the bone

The landlord has a right to rent. Which you dont seem to want to pay.

Who is in the wrong?

Bad to the bone,

You have posted only twice on this site so far and both of your comments are rude and offer no constructive advice whatsoever. Do you honestly believe that if the OP did not want to pay rent that they would have taken the time to find a site such as this to seek advice? I dont!

Please review the manner in which you are responding as I dont think you are going to get help from others when you need it if you continue this way!

I will not get into a debate with you about this, i am merely appealing for you to understand the nature of this forum!

The landlord has a right to rent. Which you dont seem to want to pay.

Who is in the wrong?

Please refrain from personal remarks, dont live up to your name ;)

any more comments like this will be removed and you will likely end up on moderation.

Tomorrow, Monday, you need to make a quick call to the Local Authority's Housing department, and ask them to put you on to the person who deals with illegal eviction. If you get no joy then straight on to Shelter. National Number in yellow pages.

You've done right to call the police, log everything, record everything where ever possible, can you make your neighbours aware of this level of violence? They can be witnesses.

And yes, of course the rent should have been paid, but that's in an ideal world and in the real world things go wrong for people and some of those people cannot cope. In an ideal world we no longer have Rachman type landlord - in the real world we have people like this orang utan.

The correct procedure is that the landlord serves you with Notice of Seeking Possession. This can be for rent arrears, Section 8 and he can start proceedings at the expiry of this - 2 - 4 weeks, whatever hehas out on there. Then you get a hearing date and then you go to Court. If he gets outright possession a date is set for you to leave and if you don't leave on that date he can apply for a warrant to have you evicted by a BAILIFF - not him. It'll cost you £150 for the hearing and £95 for the warrant. If he does anything else he is bang out of order and you can sue him. I should start writing down a diary now of how many ways he has distressed you.

Good luck, I hope you stay safe and this is resolved quickly.

• Haha 1

Whilst this is a little out of my comfort zone, i have to agree with JackieandWaynes advice.

And as for Bad to the Bone, what goes around, comes around. I hope you get the help you need, when you need it, just don't ask me!

PJ

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

Hi

Thanks to those who have left supportive and helpful answers.

I won't justify the rent arrears suffice to say that any offers to repay at an agreed amount were turned down pointblank therefore was not an option. He is not a freeloader and I hope that the people who have left such unhelpful feedback never find themselves in this situation.

Since when is it ok to break into our property and threaten us. Its bad enough anyway but its not even our debt.

Unfortunately on this occasion it looks like the bully will win as we have our family's safety to think about.

Thanks to those for their helpful comments - wish we could act on them.

Bad to the Bone and Jolly green giant. The OP has stated that she/he has been threatened and you come out with ridiculous statements such as pay your rent on time. Lets hope tough times never fall on you and that you dont come on this site for any help.!!!!

Please note, my advice is only my opinion.

If you have found my advice helpful, please tip my scales, thank you