dmp advice please-couple of questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:Dhi i am thinking of going down the dmp road-i have worked out my incomings/outgoings and with have spare cash at the end of the month to go towards paying off my DEBT:(

couple of questions thou if anyone can answer for me thanks

i have a couple of items on buy now pay later 12 months and need paying by august and 1 by september--what happens to these do i hand them back or do i include that in my debt and include them in my dmp

i also have a car which is on HP and have about 34 months payments left,i have worked this out on my outgoings as i work about 200 miles away from home and no way of getting to work without this--will the rest of my creditors accept me paying this or will they refuse -i pay about 220 a month on this

and lastly as i live with my partner would it be wise to NOT include her in my dmp--she is working and could afford her own payments very little compared to mine--we have a joint bank account with HSBC but as it is overdrawen all the time could we both move to set up both new separate accounts,,we would rather keep her out of this incase anything goes wrong eg boiler--but i also know if i include her income the debt gets paid quicker---Decisions Decisions

thanks all

thanks all think thats covered it all for now

Hi Blu Ray

Your buy now pay later debts will be included in your DMP as a creditor and they will be paid each month.

In the DMP, you will be asked to provide a financial statement or income and expenditure. This will include your HP Payment. As the DMP is informal, it is unlikely that the creditors will ask you to stop paying to this HP, and if any creditors query the payment, as long as you justify why you need this, as above, you will be fine.

If your partner has debts of her own, it may be worth setting up a joint DMP plan for the both of you. This way your debts, including any joint debs will be included. If you go for the dmp, your partner will still be liable for any remaining debt on the joint debts. If your partner only has the joint overdraft as her debt, as long as she can either clear the rest of the joint debt or make payments to it, it would be best to get seperate accounts to keep all of your finances seperate.

I have been with Payplan DMP for over a year now, it didnt cost anything to set up. I dont know if you have arranged for a specific company to go with, but Payplan and CCCS are probably bst DMPs, as they are free.

I hope this helps:)

Best wishes