Advice needed in dealing with INTRUM JUSTITA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I would be every so grateful of some advice please on dealing with intrum justita and my debt

I have a very large outstanding debt. it was with tesco an now they have recently transfered it to intrum justita (letter arrived today). I have been paying tesco via cccs (consumer credit counseling assoc) for past 4 years never missing a payment .

I now feel i am at end of road as my debt is still such a long way off being paid and now i have got this agency on my back and i have received a letter saying they have taken over debt and to call them asap.

I am thinking of calling monday and asking for a copy of my CCA. Is this the best thing to ask for first as ive heard they are going to be scary on the phone and i had alot of that with tesco at first and am dreading it.

Basically i would like advice on what is the best thing to say to them to get them off my back if poss. I am also considering going bankrupt but am worried about the impact on having my car & posessions taken. My loan with tesco was unsecured and is over 20k.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank-you

Hi bookwormemz, and welcome to CAG. You're in the right place for help and support.

I am going to ask a site Mod to move your post across to the Debt Collection Industry forum where it will get a better response from the experienced people on there.

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to tickle my scales!!

Hi Bookwormez :)

Whatever you do, don't ring them. From now on, everything must be in writing only. If you are with CCCS, then you need to let them know what has happened. If CCCS are dealing with all your creditors, then surely it's up to them to sort this out for you ?

However, many Caggers have ditched their Debt Management Plans and have asked for help and advice from CAG.

Bankruptcy is something that you should consider very carefully and only as a last resort.

If you are going to CCA Interim, then you need to make a formal request in writing, by recorded delivery.

Was this a Tesco loan?

Tesco did not have a copy of my agreement when I asked for it with a CCA request. However if this was a loan they may well have the paperwork. It is worth asking if they have because if nothing else this will strengthen your bargaining position. If you have been paying them through CCCS then I don't see how selling it on to a DCA is going to make any difference. A court would not force you to pay more than what is already agreed.

By getting heavy handed they may have shot themselves in the foot. Happened to me - which is how I found CAG.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

hello

Thank-you so much for replies so far

yes it was a Tesco loan.

I will let ccs know monday and hopefully they will forward on my normal monthly payment to intrum justitia.

I was just worried as if i do not call them could they them send someone round to where i live ?

Also any advice on how to get myself out of debt quicker as its going to take my years & years and is really stressing me out as every time i think it cant get worse it does.Any ideas on if bankrupcy is a good idea ?

Nearly went bankrupt myself a couple of years ago. Had 80k of unsecured debt. Went to CAB and wrote all my creditors the 'I can afford £1' letter. Four of them accepted and I am still paying them. The rest were bloody downright nasty and after finding CAG I sent them CCA letters. Not one could find a valid agreement. Have since sent CCA letters to the ones I am still paying but they actually don't have agreements either so if they do turn nasty I have the ammo to fight them.

The main starting point was getting them to freeze interest and charges which gives you a fighting chance of paying something off.

When I worked out how much of the remaining debt in each case was interest and charges I realised that I had long since repaid the capital I owed them. So without an agreement to enforce interest and silly charges I have no guilt whatsoever in kissing their ass*s goodbye.

BR may not be such a bad thing. It depends on your circumstances. I do know quite a bit about it, having almost done it and also helped other people to do it.

If you can give us a bit more information about what your debts are we can help I am sure.

Loans are usually backed up by valid agreements - but not always.

Just make sure you don't reveal any personal details.

BANK CHARGES

Others

And they threaten to 'call' - I have a file full of cards saying that. In fact 'call' means to ring you but it is still scary - I spent an hour lying on the floor when a man in a black coat came to the door - he was from the council about some rubbish in the garden which we were about to take to the tip.

The time I realised their threats were empty was when the postman handed me a card saying - 'we called at your house today' - rather gave the game away:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi bookwormemz

Intrum justita seem to be well known for making threats & that's exactly what most of their hot air is - just threats. Be assured that

(1) they are unlikely to send someone round to your house (whatever they may say) & if they do, you do not have to speak to them & def. do not let them in. Tell them to put everything in writing.

(2) they cannot send baliffs round without first pulling you through the courts & getting a CCJ against you & if they do, you would have the opportunity not only to defend yourself but also, if you lost the case, to come to some arrangement re. payments so don't worry too much at the moment about having to sell your car etc.

(3) don't ever call them, they'll just harrass you by phone once they have your number & cause you undue stress. Keep everything in writing.

You need to post in for a copy of your CCA. It costs £1.00. Send a PO, do not sign your letter, print or use a digital signature & send it Rec. Del. if they cannot produce it within 12+2 days, you can put the account in dispute & withold payments until they do produce it. Sometimes as Goldlady says, they haven't got one in which case the debt is unenforceable but suggest you post back for further advice if/when you get to that stage.

The template for the CCA application is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

It's Letter N.

• Haha 1

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Many thanks Saintly 1

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to tickle my scales!!

Bookworm,

I CCAd Intrum Justita for my Nat West. Got a reply we have returned this back to Nat West and will now close our account.

Never heard from them again.

They will bully you until they realise you probably know a lot more than they do and will disappear.

HH