Hardship

em_19uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

A few questions i hoping someone can help me with

I want to get my bank charges back on grounds of hardship but does this count as hardship? - I don't work as i stay at home and look after my 21 month old but my partner does and he is an apprentice only earning £100 a week, we get WTC, CTC and CB but are strugglng to pay our debts, bank charges and our rent( in arrears) and council tax.

We currently have a case on hold with HSBC dating back to the test case but have had many more charges since then (just paid them another £75 this week!) Do i write to them with the new amount and ask for charges back on hardship grounds or do i start from beginning again with template letters?

I got my charges back from natwest in 07 but have now incurred another £440 and counting but have not as yet as for them back. Do i send hardship letter along with the standard letter askng for my charges back?

sorry for the long post but i am a bit confused! hope someone can help

Emma

Do i write to them with the new amount and ask for charges back on hardship grounds
Yes. Write a letter to them detailing the charges taken, your personal financial situation, details of any debts/arrears etc and they should send you an Income Expenditure form to complete.

Have a look at the FSA waiver Annexe 2 (page 11) and include any points that apply to your situation:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re...sp_monthly.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all applied for hardship with HSBC and this morning received a letter stating

..' We would like to help by carrying out a reveiw of your individual circumstances with you and as part of the reveiw we will be able to verify that you are suffering financial hardship.

Subject to that verification, we will explore with you what we may be able to do to assist. This will include considering whether some or all of any current debt could be re - scheduled or whether alternitive borrowing arrangements could be put in place. The fact that you have incurred overdraft charges and are claiming a refund of those charges will form part of our overall assessment of your circumstances (as will all other relevant factors) but our focus will be on considering what we may be able to do to assist, not soley considering refunding charges as you have requseted..'

What does this mean!? are they going to offer me yet more debt!? has anyone made the phone call to them? what should i expect?

they are asking for income and exp when i have already sent it to them!

any help would be brill

Emma

I did wonder, but the letter sounds fairly standard for Hardship, and I suspect they may have included an Income and Expenditure form with the letter(HSBC that is).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I did wonder, but the letter sounds fairly standard for Hardship, and I suspect they may have included an Income and Expenditure form with the letter(HSBC that is).

Hi yes they did, i don't know why because i have already sent it to them already - i need to find the copy i made before i phone them

this is standard way of dealing with financial hardship fill it in send back give them a few days to receive and give them a call and ask how long it will take because of your situation.... once they have made a decision and by what you have said it should be in your favour they will send you an offer letter... it may say we need your cheque book and switch card and all direct debits cancelled.... good luck

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Hi all i called them today and gave them my income and exp, they wanted to know everything!! including when will my partners apprenticeship be finished? when will i go back to work? (i'm at home with baby at the moment) loadsa questions and then he said he will pass me over to hardship department so i take it now i just wait! Do they normally take everything off you if you get your money back then?

Hsbc refused my claim today on grounds i can pay my rent and council tax! even though i have more going out that coming in. Also got a county court claim against me drop through the today..... :(

What a crap day

Hope the judgement goes in our favour tomorrow

fingers crossed