style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have this week received a Bankruptcy Petition as I have fallen behind with my IVA payments, and money owed to HMRC. The petition is to be heard on 2/3/09, and the amount claimed is nearly £46,000. On or after 8th March, I will be receiving a lump sum of over £50k, and I want to pay the outstanding amount then. Who should I contact with regard to adjourning the hearing until after that date? I realise I could have avoided this, but like many people I did not think it would get to this stage. All I am wanting is to know what I should do now, as if I go bankrupt I will lose my business.

hi gerry don't panic too much there are people who will help you to sort it out for you.

my first suggestion is that you contact national debtline on 0808 808 4000

National Debtline – Free, Confidential Debt Advice – Call 0808 808 4000

they offer free, non judgemental advice and it is anonymous . goo dluck

Who is the creditor making the petition?

If it's HMRC then they will go all the way as they are statutorily obliged to do.

I would discuss the situation in detail together with proof of the impending £50K, although, if it has reached this stage, you have probably had numerous discussions with them already.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Contact whover it is filing the petition and also your IP of your IVA and tell them the situation. If they still won't delay the hearing then attend on 02/03 and take all details of the expected sum and present your case to the judge who will adjorn it for a few weeks.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I would definitely speak to them in the first instance, I know of somebody else who is in a similar situation and they will go into dialogue on this.....even if they are playing a little hardball, then you should certainly push for an adjournment....

• 3 weeks later...

Gerry. Try not to worry to much. If nothing happens in between, the judge will listen and almost certainly give you the time necessary.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.