Quick question re waiver and being opted out of reserve

Thailand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This has been bugging me all day, and there may be a quick answer to it.

If Barclays haven't asked for the waiver to be extended, due to their new service regime blag, what happens to those who opted out and are handed charges at £30 etc.

Is the game as it was?

I know that Barclays may still use the test case as an excuse, or a judge might not quite get it (I don't) but can they still refer to it?.

I bet Barclays will put up a brick wall and defend if that's right. :?

Just using UTTCR? I'm lost on it. :D

Good question.

I believe the waiver being, errr, waived by Barclays for the new T&Cs only relates to the Reserve fees and opted-out people will by extension fall under the waiver terms. :-|

Arguing the UTCCR is fine, but since that's still subject to appeal, that would get stayed anyway.

I do believe the Reserve fees should be challengeable under the UTCCR, though, but I'd love to see what the FOS makes of it. Are you volunteering? :-D

I am in the luxurious position of not getting charges hun, I got a handful many moons ago when I was partying too much! (I don't have the responsibilities that others do, of course I understand why many do). I would lovingly try Bookie, but I can't. :D The minute, on checking my balance, there is any concerns I am straight on the phone!.

Shut up Thai, Bookie on second read is talking about reserve fees - no hun, I opted out! - FOS would probably say 'shut up, this doesn't affect you')

I had to opt out 3 times until they let me btw, mate tried twice and has just accepted they don't want him to. He'll never get a charge, he says, so aint too bothered.

I'll digest your post here and in the BG tomorrow, because I am befuddled!