• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

champix

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took them too and had no side effect, then again, if I started behaving erratically, I am not that sure that anyone would notice :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been off the weed for 13 weeks now without any symptoms i must be one of the lucky ones

ive been off the weed for about the same time

only prob is that i cant stop eating,

ime doing it with out even thinking

ime getting a right porker

any comments as this is a well known side effect

Yep me too, but now I am doing something about it can heartily recommend a low carb diet, like Atkins or Nerys and Indias Idiot proof diet, you will never be hungry :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

ime getting a right porker

any comments as this is a well known side effect

Stopped smoking add to that tablets with a side effect of increased appetite you have a saintly_1 that needs a complete new wardrobe :oops:

Cold turkeying off fags - Day 19. Very hard. Yesterday was very difficult.

I am moody without the Champix - I daren't take anything like that :)

I am going to put a patch on today if I am irritable and anxious, because I really don't want to smoke again. I have come so far, I am kind of in limbo. Its not the cigarette I want at all, I hate them. Its the feelings to pass.

So I will break my cold turkey today with a patch if I have to :)

Well done everyone .. this is NOT easy! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on day 15 of Champix and still finding I want the odd cig, I've cut down massively but am still having around 6 a day - will the cravings pass or does Champix not work for me??

Also had some side effects - felt really lousy on day 3 and 4 although that seems to have passed. Head feels 'not quite right', not as mentally sharp as usual. Dodgy dreams and waking up every hour or so for a pee....

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

Stopped 18 months ago with champx. Dreamed in technicolour, but I ended up putting most of my abreactions not down to the drug I was taking, but to withdrawel of the myriad cigarette dlivered drugs I'd stopped taking. oh yeah, I'm 55 and was smoking 50 a day for the 6 months prior to quitting. Now overweight, smug and less poor!

I'm on day 15 of Champix and still finding I want the odd cig, I've cut down massively but am still having around 6 a day - will the cravings pass or does Champix not work for me??

Also had some side effects - felt really lousy on day 3 and 4 although that seems to have passed. Head feels 'not quite right', not as mentally sharp as usual. Dodgy dreams and waking up every hour or so for a pee....

It was three weeks before I felt I could stop PN, it seems to be differant for everyone. You still need a bit of will power, but it does help so much.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Done me first week with the 0.5mg tabs, now on 2nd week with the 1 mg tabs. Side effects are flu symptoms and extreme tiredness. Apart from that is working great, went from 30 a day to about 5.Decision day coming up but i feel 2 weeks is to soon, going for the champix course part2 . Know i should have stopped but if I can get down to one a day, will work for me. One other good thing is am of me anti depressants, champix effects that area of the brain that means am more with it.

Done me first week with the 0.5mg tabs, now on 2nd week with the 1 mg tabs. Side effects are flu symptoms and extreme tiredness. Apart from that is working great, went from 30 a day to about 5.Decision day coming up but i feel 2 weeks is to soon, going for the champix course part2 . Know i should have stopped but if I can get down to one a day, will work for me. One other good thing is am of me anti depressants, champix effects that area of the brain that means am more with it.

Well done :)

Indeed, well done, Fifer.

Look here, it took me three weeks before I felt safe to ditch the fags, take it in your own time and just do it. It is the greatest gift you can do for you and your family :D

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

One other good thing is am of me anti depressants, champix effects that area of the brain that means am more with it.

Cyban works the same part of the brain. It was an errant antidepressant.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

• 1 month later...

Champix rocks, I'm 7 weeks in and fag free - my skin is better, my teeth are whiter, I have energy, I'm sleeping better, I've stopped coughing - I love it!!!!

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Pretty impressed with Champix so far. Been taking them for 17 days now. I have not smoked for 8 days and can honestly say haven't really felt like one except on the odd occasion. No mood swings or real side effects. Felt a bit rough when first started taking them but fine now.

Early days but at moment can't recommend them enough

• 2 months later...
Champix rocks, I'm 7 weeks in and fag free - my skin is better, my teeth are whiter, I have energy, I'm sleeping better, I've stopped coughing - I love it!!!!

How are you getting on PM, all ok I hope.

It's been over nine months for me and I don't miss them one little bit. The last two of my smoking drinking buddies have stopped smoking which now means I can go out drinking with the guys, as well as going to watch Rugby with out having smoke blown over me. The weight is still an issue but I'm working on it.

• 3 months later...

Well done Everton, and everyone else who has gone down the Champix route and succeeded !!! :D

&