style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2861 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all been on champix for 15 days now i havent had a ciggie for 3 days and feel great:p

• Haha 1

Champix? Is this a pill from the Doctor?

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

Well done, yes it is the pill from the Doctor, I gaven up on 10th September, on Champix, it is brilliant, havnt had a lapse at all, keep up the good work!!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Its 5 weeks since I last had a cigarette with champix keep going your doing good :)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

How long do they let you have Champix for?

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

i think that it is a 12 week course

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I went through the whole Champix course, being 2 people and could kill one minute and love the next. When I finished the course, weight flew on even though I wasnt eating. My temper was vile and all I could think of was throwing a rope round my neck. Have been off it for 5 months and still have feelings of doing something daft.

Maybe just me but as a general calm easy going person who wouldn't hurt a fly, is really strange behaviour. Please be careful

Advice & opinions given by Stinkyfeet are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. :wink:

'StinkyFeet'

I concur... Champix is VERY dangerous to some people! I was on it for approx 7 days a few months ago. I ain't ever had experiences like that before!!! I was angry, disorientated, QUICK tempered, unable to sleep, unable to relax, sick, depressed, suicidal, hyper-active...

Virtually EVERY psychological issue known to man was inflicted on me during those fateful few days. I am still suffering with 'grinding' my teeth in my sleep to such an extent that my 'better' half has to physically roll me over or punch me to stop it!

I now have the 'inhillators' which I am going to try... :)

!'ve not taken any tablets for over a week now ......... :D

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

op400.me%20u%20well%20done%204.50.jpg
  • Haha 1

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

So when are you trying again, Bo :p

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Re..Champix

Last March partner was advised to stop smoking due to health probs, so said right we'd both go for it.

We both started the course, abso brilliant, stopped on the designated day and we were both great, no craving or anything. However I went through a few of the symtoms stated on the leaflet, night sweats, dreams, headaches, heart going potty at times, (had a heart monitor at doc's) but still perservered.

4 wks into the course, I noticed my left foot was very red and itchy, it didn't bother me to much, but 3 days later I started getting blisters and the skin on my foot started shredding...ekkk (won't go into the gory details). Went to the doc's, was advised to stop the tablets straight away. I ended up with a rash all over the left side of my body and the skin on my feet and hands came off. I ended up at the hospital.

A year later I'm still hving probs and still visiting the hospital. So, Yes, I do think Champix is dangerous and need to be monitored very closely.

However on the bright side, we're still not smoking, I can actually stand beside someone smoking and quite like the smell, but can't stand the smell of it on someone's clothes or breath, makes me feel quite sick.

But would I do it again, no, not after what I suffered, but partner never got any symptoms at all.

Hi weedalli, sorry to hear about the problems you had. You seem to be one of the unfortunate few whose body doesn't like champix. Of course, what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another. Most people seem to be OK with it.

A drug that I have problems with is allopurinol (for gout). I get a rash and my skin feels hot and intensely itchy, especially my scalp, face, neck and shoulders. As a result I had to stop taking them. Now, when I have an attack of gout, which usually lasts two or three weeks, I just have to rely on massive amounts of pain-killers.:(

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Yes Rooster, your right, I'm the one in a million who they print the leaflet for. :rolleyes:

Champix is good, I know loads of peeps who have taken it with no side effects and have stopped. Even thought I had those probs it did help me and I'm glad I don't smoke anymore. :)

My wife has been on champix for about 2 months. The stopping smoking part has been great and the pills do their job exceptionally. But!! It's like being married to a different person. Her personality has completely changed.

A few days ago she decided to come off the pills and within 48 hours she was vomiting.. spinning.. panic attacks. Finally she shut herself away in a room just holding her head.

She immediately went back on the pills and the symptoms stopped a few hours later.

Coincidence? we'll see in 4 weeks when the pills run out :(

Edited by elzorillo

i have been off the weed for 13 weeks now without any symptoms i must be one of the lucky ones