style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, A High Court Bailiff from the Marston Group turned up at my house yesterday but we didn't answer the door. He pushed a note though the letter box stating that he had received a High Court Writ in respect of the above matter made up as follows:

Judgment dept 654.14

Judgment costs 180

Execution costs 101.75

Interest to 16.60

Officers fees 149.25

Total levy 1099.74

The original ccj was for accountancy work and the monthly payment set at just £1 per month as, at present, my expenditure is greater then my income. I have not missed a payment but have been told by Marston Group, over the phone, that this is irrelevant.

What do I do next as it would be foolish to enter in to a payment plan that I can not afford but at the same time I have a wife and two girls 3 and 6 months and can't allow them to remove any of our goods.

Any advise would be much appreciated

Pete

Sounds like a HCEO

HCEOA-Have You Been Visited By An HCEO?

This should help bit, I'm much better with council tax bailiffs, but I understand that the principle is the same.

Don't let them in, don't leave doors and windows open that they can climb through, read up about them as much as you can.

Here's a post from Ellen from another thread it may help.

As the judgement was for more than £600 the claimant will have passed it to the high court for enforcement and the high court enforcement officer (bailiff) has called to levy on goods to that value and can charge his fees.

Was the form you filled in at court an N245 with a fee of £35.00 ? if so, no action can be taken by the bailiff while this form is in court for consideration. I assume you have a copy of it? if so - keep the copy on you at all times and if the bailiff comes back DON'T LET HIM INTO THE HOUSE, keep all doors and windows locked at all times. Don't open the door and try to talk to him outside on the doorstep he may try to push past you to get in!!

- show him the form through the window, or make another copy and pass it through the letter box to him. Make sure you always have a copy for yourself.

Ell-enn

Thanks Chris but still unsure of what to do next. Do I apply to the high court as I am unable to put forward an acceptable offer as my monthly income is less then my expenditure?

Hi, A High Court Bailiff from the Marston Group turned up at my house yesterday but we didn't answer the door. He pushed a note though the letter box stating that he had received a High Court Writ in respect of the above matter made up as follows:

Judgment dept 654.14

Judgment costs 180

Execution costs 101.75

Interest to 16.60

Officers fees 149.25

Total levy 1099.74

The original ccj was for accountancy work and the monthly payment set at just £1 per month as, at present, my expenditure is greater then my income. I have not missed a payment but have been told by Marston Group, over the phone, that this is irrelevant.

What do I do next as it would be foolish to enter in to a payment plan that I can not afford but at the same time I have a wife and two girls 3 and 6 months and can't allow them to remove any of our goods.

Any advise would be much appreciated

Pete

I would offer a reasonable amount of £5 per week and i would also put this offer into court. Are you on is or jsa etc ?

So whats cooking today ?

Sepo, if you have a County Court Judgement and you have been making the payments regularly in accordance with the judgement, then we need to find out why an HCEO has been instructed.

Can you dig out the judgement and receipts for all your payments?

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.