Virging Trying Stating I am in Contrac Falsely

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4331 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

HI all

Can anyone advise please I am being harrassed by Virgin.

I phoned up Virgin to discuss my services and a lady offered me a very good deal to stay with Virgin. I accepted on the explicit condition that I would not be forced into a new 12 month contract. She agreed and I agreed the Virgin VIP Service. I confirmed my no new contract condition many times and then agred to upgrade my services.

Months later I was getting very upset with the way they were treating me and phoned up to ask about cancelling my service and was informed that it was their view that I was in contract untill May 2009, I exlained that my contract expired in 2008 March, they said they would look into it.

They didnt get back to me so I wrote explaining what had been said on the phone and enquiring and stating that it was unacceptable for them to enforce a contract that I did not make.

Their response was that they had sent me a contract confirmation (I never received this and do not believe it was sent) and since the right to cancel for that I never received was not returned to them I have "automatically entereed into a 12 month contract". To add insult they go on to say. "As a valued customer if you wish to downgrade your current oackage, I'm more than happy to arrange this for you. HOwever, this means you will then enter into a new 12 month contract."

How can not sending something you have never received constitute a contract especially when I explicitly said no contract as condition of change of services.

How do I defend myself against this.

Sorry if this has been read on another part of the site but since no-one responded I felt this may be a better place.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Rick

AS you did this on the phone ie; not paper contract or no little box ot tick on their website, then they will have telephone recordings.

Send them £10 and a Subject Access Request request making sure to ask specifically for copies of the telephone recording.

Edited by Conniff

Hi Conniff

Thanks for that.

By this do you mean that the onus is on me to prove what I said, I did make no contract a condition of the upgrade so I know what the recording says, what I am saying. I will do this and it is a good idea since then I will have proof that I dont have a contract, however I dont believe they tape all conversations. What if they havent taped it?