• Tweets

• Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • i have clarified your thread title and your post to make it easier to understand. if you have their engineers report, thats good enough. it will be their decision to repair, refund or replace. but they must under CRA do one of the above. to date how have you been in contacting the manu?  
    • Thank you both, I will make those changes. I have also downloaded the compensation list to add to the evidence and complete the protection bit off their website.  I am going to court next Thursday to deliver the bundle; I will confirm this on Tuesday. I have been to court a few times to represent the military when a soldier is in court, but I will be going. Thank you for all the additional advice. Once I have the whole bundle, I will email it to the admin email. Ill be honest, this is not about the money for me, I do not mind losing that, so I will not be signing a confidentiality agreement.   You guys are amazing
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Un1boy v Co-Op **SETTLED IN FULL**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm just in the process of claiming from HSBC, so once that's done I'll be working on the Co-Op. My only issue is that I have to have a Co-Op bank account as part of my contrtact, if they pay me the charges back and close the account I could lose my job!!

I do have a Smile account also, which my wages are paid into and I'm concerned they may close both of them, as Smile is part of the Co-Op bank!

Work paid me wrong for over 10 months and I had over £300 pounds of charges, which were all refunded. However I have at least that again on top, if not more. I have a similar amount of charges from Smile as well to be honest.

Also, HSBC didn't charge me the £10 DPA fee, have the Co-Op charged anyone?

Is it legal for the banks to close our accounts? We aren't doing anyhting wrong - it's them who have breached the contract?!

Any ideas?!

Un1boy

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys!!

Just to let you know I have sent a my Data Protection Act letter for three accounts held with the Co-Op. I got their reply confirming receipt of the request and that I would get the information within 40 days of their letter.

There were three errors with this letter however:

1. They only put one account number on it.

2. The 40 days starts from when they received the request AND payment. since they cashd the cheque, this proves they received the payment at the time of my request.

3.They didn't mention anything about manual intervention.

I send all letter recorded delivery too, so had that proof.

I sent them a reply thanking them for their letter and advising them of the points above, hehe.

We will say how they reply to that!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

I have just sent my DPA request off. Please see this thread for a full update at the moment as I am requesting all Co-OP account details, and my other Thread in the Co-Op section is more detailed:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cooperative-bank/18860-un1boy-co-op.html

Thanks.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi, and best of luck with your claim x

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

don't worry about it stick to YOUR timetable and give them a reminder after about 20 days (use e-mail addy on here)

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Oh don't worry I will!!

I got a reply from Co-Op the other day listing all accounts saying that they will send me the required information AND notes of any manual intervention on all of them!! hehe.......I love keeping them on thier toes!

I have a quick question though, I have had a lot of charges refunded in the apst as I work for the same company and they didn;t pay me properly. How do I then calculate which refunds are for which charges as they have been credited on different days!!

What you reckon!?

Thanks

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I've decided that instead of putting a summary of the letters and recieve I will post them on here. Would that help anyone following my claim? If not then I won't do it.

Anyway, here's the DPA follow-up one I sent them after they only sent me the acknowledgement with one account number on it:

Thank you for your letter dated xxx confirming receipt of my Data Protection Act (DPA) Subject Access Request (SAR). I am writing as you only included the following account details: xxxx. I would like to advise that I requested the same information about all of the accounts above in the same request.

Your letter made no referenceto the following paragrpah:

"Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention, by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you. Please provide, explicitly, any notes or other entries you have about me regarding all accounts above, regardless of the reason for their existence."

I would therefore appreciate a reply to this paragraph relating to all accounts above as well.

Under the DPA you are required to provide me with all information I requested in my original request, with a maximum fee of £10.00 for the production of the information. Your letter mentioned also that the information would be provided within 40 days from the date of your letter. The DPA states that the 40 days starts from the date you received my request and payment. The Royal Mail’s recorded delivery service confirms my request was received by you on xxx, and the cheque has been cashed, proving you received the payment along with my request. Therefore, under the terms of the DPA I expect to receive the information for all accounts above within 40 days from the date you received my letter.

Although I am confident you will forward the required information promptly, I have to advise you that if I do not receive all of the required information in a complete and secure fashion and within 40 from xxxx, I will send you a ‘DPA: Letter Before Action’ with a list of information that is missing in order for you to forward it on. If all information has not arrived within the timescale set in that letter, I will apply to the court to make you comply with my full request.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

To which i received this reply:

I confirm from our record that we are aware your request includes copies of statements and also copies of notepads (manual intervention) for three acoounts:

xxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxx

Please be advised our reply will cover all of your accounts and will be sent by xxx Aug 2006

Just waiting til next week now then should have all the information I need, hehe!

Hope this helps!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I have just sent my DPA request off. Please see this thread for a full update at the moment as I am requesting all Co-OP account details, and my other Thread in the Co-Op section is more detailed:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cooperative-bank/18860-un1boy-co-op.html

Thanks.

I have update my thread - please click the link above to check on progress!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 3 weeks later...
I have just sent my Data Protection Act request off. Please see this thread for a full update at the moment as I am requesting all Co-OP account details, and my other Thread in the Co-Op section is more detailed:

Thanks.

Please check my thrad above - have updated it and have some improtant questions!

Thanks, :)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

ok I have received my info however in an envelope which was ripped with a massive hole in and you could read all of my details - so that's going in my prelim letter as they ahve failed to provide it in a secue fashion.

Anyway over my three account the total is around £400 (have total figures at home) should I do all three accounts at once, or seperately. Also, I used to work for the a company which is part of the co-op bank and they didnt pay me properly so i got loads of bank charges refunded as part of that. I have minused this refund from my toal calculations, but how do i work out which ones gave been refunded for the purposes of the interest?

Thanks guys

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

Prelim letters sent so they should get them Tuesday.

I have decided to do each account seperately as it makes it easier.

Will keep this Post updated on progress!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Ok guys, I'm going to claim for my Smile account, Co-Op account and Co-opp credit acrd seperately so will update each post seperately.

I have sent the prelim of - recorded, of course. They should get it Tuesday. My concern though now reading the most recent of threads is that they are letting people's claims get to the MCOL stage.

My problem is that I used to work for CIS, a company which is part of co-operative financial services (CFS) which owns CIS, the co-op bank and as Smile is owned by the co-op bank, Smile as well. CIS didn't pay me properply for around 9 months 2 years ago and I got charged hundreds, which, in the end they refunded. As the refunds came months later and didn't correlate to any particular dates, just a lump sum, what happens if I have to take it to MCOL in terms of working our the daily interest? I don't know which ones I got back and which ones didn't.

I added all charges up and minused the ones that I had been given back.

Any ideas?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Well guys, prelim for Co-Op recieved 06/09/06 - clock is ticking!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

*bump* for the above

Smile received prelim 06/09/06 - clock is ticking.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Well, they received my prelim for my CC 06/09/06 - clock is ticking.

Will keep you updated.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Received this letter today from the CC people:

Dear Mr. Un1boy

Thank you for contacting us recently to let us know you are unhappy with our service or products.

I am sorry to hear that we have not met the high standards that we both expect, and naturally we want to put things right as soon as possible. To do this we need to investigate the matter thoroughly.

I can asuure you that we will be looking in to your complaint as a matter of urgency and will be aiming to restore your faith in the service we provide. One of my colleagues from our Customer Relations Team will be in touch with you by telephone or letter within the next 7 days. If more time is needed to resolve your query, we will let you know within the next week whent o expect a response from us. In the mean eime, I have attached information about our complaints procedure for you tor ead.

I would like to take this oppertunity to thank you for bringin this situation to our attention and please continue to tell us if you are unhappy in the future.

If you have any more question, please ring us on the number above and speak to one of our advisers.

Signed Andrew Swinley - Head of Customer Service

____

What a load of codswollop! They aren;t for a start having more time and they will certainly be hearing more from me over the next few weeks telling them how unhappy I am with them!! haha

Any ideas whether I should reply and say that I want all coreespondence in writing, not telephone? Or shoudl I just tell them if they phone o put it in writing?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

Right, no answer to my prelim for this account - LBA sent today!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

No answer to my Prelim for this account - LBA sent today (including the extra charges they have put on there!!)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

OK, no more corres about this so LBA sent today!! Woohoo!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

CIS didn't pay me properply for around 9 months 2 years ago and I got charged hundreds, which, in the end they refunded. As the refunds came months later and didn't correlate to any particular dates, just a lump sum, what happens if I have to take it to MCOL in terms of working our the daily interest? I don't know which ones I got back and which ones didn't.

I added all charges up and minused the ones that I had been given back.

Any ideas?

If you use the sites spreadsheets and add all of the charges on, and treat the refund as a minus figure, it will also deduct the interest I believe.

• Confused 1
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ah, brilliant, thanks for this!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

ok, not heard anythign from them about my prelim - got this secure message from "Manager" today though:

Dear Un1boy

I'm sorry that we haven't been able to respond to your complaint.

At the moment we are still looking into the issues you've raised regarding charges. As soon as we've made a decision about this we'll be able to send you a full response.

We hope to be able to send you this shortly, but if there are likely to be any more delays, I'll be sure to let you know.

Regards

smile Complaints Team

PS - For full details of our complaints procedures go to Redirecting to Smile Production Site, click on 'talk to us' then click on 'complaints' on the right hand side.

Whatever - you've got the 14 days my LBA gave you, then MCOL will be issued!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Exactly, your timeframes not theirs.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.