• Tweets

• Quick update. I've now recieved a letter before action from them with a form to return enclosed, still no credit agreement however. I assume just a case of following the other thread and returning form with no CCA as the reason?
    • Thanks for coming back and letting us know. Obviously we totally disagree with their decision.  Their remortgaging could only have gone wrong if they had ended up with a CCJ.  And how do you get a CCJ?  If you lose in court and then defy the court and don't pay.  Even if you lose in court, you don't get a CCJ as long as you pay within the 30 days ordered by the court.  Even had they lost in court the judge would have disallowed the interest and the £70 Unicorn Food Tax that PE made up.  There was no advantage whatsoever for giving in and paying now. But thanks to you for letting us know - a hell of a lot of users don't.
    • Hi everyone.   Before I say anything, TFL finally responded to the email I sent last week:   Thank you for your email, we acknowledge the signed documents you have returned in preparation for your hearing.   We note that this matter is causing you some stress and anxiety, however this is not a reason for TfL to discontinue proceedings. It is not unusual for passengers that have been summonsed to court to experience these symptoms, and we do have some empathy with your concerns.   However, as previously stated, TfL do not accept out of court settlements, and you will have the opportunity at your hearing, to provide your mitigation to the court prior to a decision being reached by them on how they intend to deal with this matter (usually a fine).   I am sorry that this decision is not more favourable.   Yours sincerely   James Vallis     At least he sounds more sympathetic in this email…   Only one week to go until the court hearing and I am so so nervous. I’ve prepared some questions and answers in preparation for what to say to the magistrate. It will help calm me down if I know roughly what to expect. If you could give feedback on it that would be great. If you have anything to add please do let me know.   As far as I know the court hearing will happen in these stages: Introduction and statement of facts Pleading guilty for the journeys I made with my mother’s card Penalty sentencing Appeal (if charged with a criminal record)   Am I guilty? Yes.   Why did I not pay the fare legally? Last year there was a lot going on in my life and I was struggling financially so to relieve some of this I used my mother’s Oyster card. I know it’s not an excuse and it’s still wrong.   Why do I not accept a criminal record? I really don’t want it to affect my chances of finding a job in the future. I will be the one earning money in my family so I am doing my best and studying hard to be able to get a good job. A criminal record would mean that regardless of how hard I’m working I won’t get the job I want after I graduate. This fills me with so much regret, sadness and disappointment in myself. I just want to be a good daughter for my mother because she’s already had to deal with many hardships in her life and I don’t want to make it any harder for her.
    • HI all, This is done now. My daughter and her fella are currently in the process of remortgaging so they just paid it out of panic. Thank you anyway DX
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Toyota Financial Services Help Please

Guest dvdriley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest dvdriley

On Spet 29th 2008 I wrote to Toyota Financial explaining that as my financial circumsatnces had changed I wanted to voluntarily terminate the agreement which is only 18 months old out of a 4 year agreement. I asked for a repayment plan hich they refused.

On October 2nd I redieved a Notice Of ARREARS under sec 86B of CCA 1974 for £998. The notice does not say when I had to pay by. In addition it contains totally the wrong registration No. The number was changed at purchase to a private plate. TF were informed. I then took of the private plate and new No was allocated. The car has been collected and sold leaving a £5k surplus. At collection the new No was noted and recorded

On 1st Dec I received a final denmand for £5k. I responded with a chq for £10 and said I would continue to pay £10 until such time as my position changed. They ignored my letter but cashed the chq.

I have now received a demand from LRC Recoveries. They say if i dont pay in 7 days a collector will call, teh cost of the home visit will be added to my account.

Any suggestions pls?

You'll have to send them a CCA request to see whether they can produce an enforcable agreement. Send it recorded delivery including a £1 postal order. When you get it back scan it, remove your details and post it back here. We'll have a look to see whether it is enforcable or if you've been missold a PPI etc.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account No: XXXXXXXX/Your Reference Number: XXXXXXX

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

You should also note that I will only discuss this matter in writing and should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you or any of your associates.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

(Print do not sign signature)

Guest dvdriley

I have a copy already from August 2007, it is enforceable. I am now trying to see if :On October 2nd I redieved a Notice Of ARREARS under sec 86B of CCA 1974 for £998. The notice does not say when I had to pay by. In addition it contains totally the wrong registration No. The number was changed at purchase to a private plate. TF were informed. I then took of the private plate and new No was allocated. The car has been collected and sold leaving a £5k surplus. At collection the new No was noted and recorded.

now as the agreement is now terminated by me with their agreement the reg no on the notice of sum of arrears is wrong. is that enough to void it

Guest dvdriley

my thoughts, but the vin no is not shown on the dn only the reg no. the car has now been sold by TF

Section 86B(6) provides that a notice of sums in arrears under a fixed-sum

credit agreement or a consumer hire agreement must include a copy of the

current arrears information sheet under section 86A, and section 86C(3)

makes equivalent provision in relation to notices of sums in arrears under

running-account credit agreements. Section 88(4A) provides that a default

notice must include a copy of the current default information sheet.

The relevant provisions on arrears notices and default notices are due to be

implemented from 1 October 2008.

GN69 - Information sheets on arrears and default - January 2008

The notice should have given you 14 days to rectify.

I've posted the above because you received the notice the day after certain changes were implemented.

Guest dvdriley

this is a copy of the arrear DN

Toyota Financial Services (UK) PLC

Great Burgh. Burgh Heath, U

Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5UZ FINANCIAL

wwwtoyotacouk SERVICES TOYOTA

NOTICE OF ARREARS

Date of Notice 02 October 204’S

Agreement Number

Agreement Type Hire Purchase

Agreement Start Date 09 August 2007

Registration Number

Any questions? 0870 243 0804 - Mon-Fri 900am to 530pm

[email protected]

This is a notice of sums in arrears served in accordance with Section 86B of the Consumer Credit Act

1974 because you are behind with your payments, in relation to the agreement set out below.

Agreement Number Agreement Start Date 09 August 2007

Agreement Type Hire Purchase Date of Notice 02 October 2008

Total Arrears 998.82 Opening Balance 17,648.76

If you want more information about which payments you failed to make please get in touch with us We are required to give you this information within fifteen working days of receiving your request for it.

Default sums and interest

You may have to pay default sums and interest in relation to the missed or partly made payments referred to in this notice Please contact us if you would like further details This notice does not take account of arty payments received after the date o the notice.

Notices

For so long as you continue to be behind with your payments by any amount, you will be sent notices about this at least every six months. We are not required to send you notices more frequently than this, even if you get further behind with your payments in between notices

Office of Fair Trading Information Sheet

This notice should include a copy of the current information sheet on arrears prepared by the Office of Fair Trading. This contains important information about your rights and where to go for support and advice, for example on applying for a Time Order as well as our right to charge you interest If it is not included you should contact us to get one Please refer to the Office of Fair Trading information sheet for more information about how to get advice on dealing with your oebt.

ARNOO1 /2 1171

Rgisier in Lngiand No 22996l

VAT Reqistraocn N 658 3653 03

Auiiiorised arid requlNed by the F,narciai Seivices Aoihoriiy TFS 001 (08/OSi

What do you think

Guest dvdriley

Toyota Financial Services (UK) PLC

Great Burgh. Burgh Heath,

Epsom. Surrey, KT18 5UZ FINANCIAL

WwwtOyotcouk SERVICES TOYOTA

NOTICE OF ARREARS

Date of Notice 02 October 200R

Agreement Number

Agreement Type Hire Purchase

Agreement Start Date 09 August 2007

Registration Number

Any questions? 2 0870 243 0804 - Mon-Fri 9:00am to 5:30pm

[email protected]

This is a notice of sums n arrears served in accordance with Section 86B of the Consumer Credit Act

1974 because you are behind with your payments, in relation to the agreement set out below.

Agreement Number Agreement Start Date 09 August 2007

Agreement Type Hire Purchase Date of Notice 02 October 2008

Total Arrears 998.82 Opening Balance 17648.76

If you want more information about which payments you failed to make please get in touch with us We are required to give you this information within fifteen working days of receiving your request for it.

Default sums and interest

You may have to pay default sums and interest in relation to the missed or partly made payments referred to in this notice. Please contact us if you would like further details. This notice does not t8ke account of any payments received after the date of the notice.

Notices

For so long as you continue to be behind with your payments by any amount, you will be sent notices about this at least every six months. We are not required to send you notices more frequently than this, even if you get further behind with your payments in between notices.

Office of Fair Trading Information Sheet

This notice should include a copy of the current information sheet on arrears prepared by the Office of Fair Trading. This contains important information about your rights and where to go for support and advice, for example on applying for a Time Order as well as our right to charge you interest, If it is not included you should contact us to get one. Please refer to the Office of Fair Trading information sheet for more information about how to get advice on dealing with your debt

Firstly..no-one will call at your home & if they do, they have less rights than the paper boy & can simply be told to go away.

Secondly...you pay what you want to pay (if anything at all) not what they say you must pay.

Either that or demand that they take you to a county court were the matter can be finally sorted out once & for all, after all your essential outgoings are taken into account :)

Riley....it's not something I have a lot of knowledge on to be honest, especially as you terminated the agreement, i'm not sure where you'd stand on that....you'd have to consider how a judge may see it...

Hi dvdriley

Keep making regular payments, I have to agree with the earlier post no one will call at your home. I would write to the debt collection company and inform them that you are making regular monthly payments. The County Courts would not look favourably on anyone instituting court proceedings when the person is make regular monthly payments. You may of course be asked to prove that is all you can afford so you may have to put together an incomings and outgoings list.

Good luck.

Missy Allen

Guest dvdriley

since posting my last message I made a telephone offer of £10 per month which the DCA immediatly accepted. A standing order has been set up.

This debt will be clear in 45 years!!!!!!!!!!