Hi It's Only Me.

TheAbbeyHabit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone just one question i'm unsure of, can I claim back the bank charges of £30.00 for each check I write out even if I haven't the funds in the bank at the time I write them out, I get my wages paid in monthly so they always get there money back.

Sometimes it can be as much as £90.00 a month if I write 3 cheques, and can happen just before I get paid, this has happened for at least the last 6 years and before, thank you very much for your help in letting me know if I have a leg to stand on I will keep you all updated if I feel I can claim those charges they are rather a lot.

I have usually written cheques just before I get paid.

I know I have no money in at the time I write the cheques, but I also know that a few weeks or sometimes days berore I get paid that it will be in the bank so they can recuperate it.

I got in the sticky situation where I will write cheques for £60 0r even £20 just before I get paid I cant get back on track because maybe they took out £90 pounds in cheque charges the previous month or more, depending on how many cheques I wrote previous.

Iv'e been with the Abbey about 23 years and a couple of years ago gave me a overdraft of £300 pounds which I use.

Anyway thanks for getting back in touch with me Karnevil your advice is very useful do you still think I could claim back my charges after I have explained it a bit more.

Phew! you had me then, so I will have to write a letter to get my bank statements of 6 years ago so I will have to look at the templates it is suggested I pay the £10.00 off and use the data protection act.

I guess I will have to kick this ball off somehow, could you direct me to the post that explains the first letter I should be sending them, I thank you for your patience and helpfulness and I expect to be having to put in a lot of hard work myself but hard work I will do, to get what I feel they owe me.

Thank you in advance.

I will do I shall not be rushing into anything, I will read everything I can and your links, then when I think I'm ready I will start it all off, i'm off to work now, but have 2 weeks off next week so I might get a bit more pro active.;)

Thanks for the advice.

• 8 months later...

Just to update you all, I finally took the plunge and sent my first letter off too claim back my bank charges on the 5th march, it has now been 40 days.

I phoned the customer complaints to inform them that I had only recieved a years statement so far from the Abbey, they informed me that they will send an email off to remind Abbey, they also stated they have had an influx of customers requesting their bank statements and this might be the delay, and too give it a few more days, I also informed them I will have to report it to the Information Commissioner for a breach, regardless.