• Tweets

• please note your corrected dates above.   pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site  note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.  then log in to the MCOL Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit MCOL. .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... .[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt] . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
    • There's also the option to go for the full refund and have your 8 friends re-purchase a ticket from Glasgow.   I know it feels bad to cave in, but this would save you the hassle of having to fight.   How much would you be at a loss for if you did that?  
    • National Savings and Investments yesterday slashed rates for its 25 million customers. But customers trying to move their money are having to wait weeks as they struggle with the website. View the full article
    • Hi hope this is correct   Name of the Claimant - Evergreen finance   Date of issue – 17Nov 2020  Date to acknowledge = 4 Dec  date to submit defence = 18 Dec    What is the claim for –    1.The claimant is and was at all material times in business as a High Cost Short Term lender providing short-term finance to consumers.   2.By a regulated credit agreement made, in writing, between the Parties on 09/02/20 the Claimant agreed to advance the Defendant the sum £400 and the Defendant agreed to repay the sum together with interest over 4 instalments.   3.In breach of the agreement the Defendant has failed to pay the agreed instalments and the account was placed into default on 14/08/20.   4.Despite numerous requests for payment, the Defendant has not paid the Claimant the sum of £600.48. The Defendant therefore owes the sum of £649.87 including charges and interest for missed payment.   The Claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Code Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 14/08/20 to 16/11/20 on £648.87and also interest at the rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £2.18.   Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? -  PDL   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? - After   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. - OC    Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? N/A    Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? - No   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? - no only email stating the account could go into default    Why did you cease payments? - Took a payment break of 2 months due to being furloughed then when the payments resumed an extra month payment had been added to the account so it was disputed    What was the date of your last payment? 01/04/20   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? - yes    Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management - Yes I advised my financial situation and struggling to make payment     thanks G   I have checked on Experian and there is not a default mark against the account just 5 mixes marked as not updated ? Would that suggest no default notice has been given?   thanks G
    • Thanks all, will move the points around - I was moving the paragraphs around like pieces on a chess board at times today!   Yes @FTMDave the driver (myself) got out of the drivers side, and took something out / put something into the drivers side rear door I think / checked for something on the back seat - I can't remember what for the life of me what it was but did not leave the vehicle and pretty sure photographic evidence has open doors at all times so vehicle not left unattended and secure at any point!   In fact they are as follow - 16:21.55 stood leaning into back door, 16:22.01 stepping away from back door having shut it, 16:22.04 getting back in front door.    It's not included in the POPLA appeal but the images I have for this come from my SARs request w/ POPLA.   POPLA denied my appeal on the following    At the time of contravention the vehicle was not authorised to park on site as they were not given pre- authorisation by One Parking Solution prior to parking on site. A grace period is provided to allow a motorist to review the terms and conditions and decide whether or not to remain on site. As you made use of the facilities to check your GoogleMaps and wait for your wife to return from the coffee shop the grace period does not apply.   As mentioned earlier in the thread I'd taken a wrong turn, saw what I thought was a side road (which turned out to be an OPS killing field) next to a parade of shops my wife alighted 16:19.17 as she'd spotted a Starbucks, I turned around and stopped to check my directions and she returned to the vehicle and left the location 16:23.15   What does LiP stand for please @brassnecked / @dx100uk? Thanks!   Night folks, until tomorrow...   RATPCN  
  • Our picks

first direct account closure - injunction route

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5230 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This has just happened to me with HSBC, if you claim twice you are then shut down. Here is my repsonse to them regarding this -

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your recent letter ( ref xxxxxxxxxx ) informing me of the recent 'commercial' decision that has been made regarding the above bank account.

I am extremely upset and disturbed by the logic that has been applied in reaching this decision, as I have been a customer of HSBC for some time and have in the past made use of a multitude of services ( such as two loans, credit card and monthly salary credit, share purchasing service, ) provided by you and also potential future use of financial services such for example as mortgage, pensions, travel insurance, travel money and life assurance.

However, I am in no way asking or actively seeking for any appeal, review or legal pursuit of this 'commercial' decision. I am confident that in time this perceived 'retaliatory' action will be resolved by higher powers than ourselves for other future cases.

I would also like to draw your attention to the recent FSA statement, which I have enclosed below for your convenience.

Secondly, I believe that these type of behaviours have the potential to generate damaging negative publicity for yourselves, as does the wider bank charge issue, unless it is managed in a more logical, fair and sensible manner.

Lastly, I do not request, need or require a response to this letter, as I now consider this a closed matter.

Thank you for your time on this matter.

Briefing Note BN 023/06

4 July 2006

FSA position on account closures and default charges

Generally, under FSA rules on dispute resolution and complaints, we would not expect any regulated firm to discriminate against a customer who makes a complaint.

However the relationship between a bank and its account holders, including the circumstances and manner in which accounts are closed, is governed by the Banking Code.

We have therefore raised this issue with the Banking Code Standards Board, and informed those firms involved that we have done so. As a result of those conversations, we understand that the Banking Code Standards Board intends to state its position on this issue presently. We encourage the industry to use this opportunity to demonstrate the value of the Code in ensuring fair and reasonable outcomes to such disputes.

Now the fun bit. Im gonna have the last laff, cos when the 23rd August comes around - the day of account closure, guess what? The account will be in OD by £ 0.63p. Lets see what they come up with when they see that.

They will send you a letter, telling you that you are overdrawn and charge you £35 for the privelage.

:D :D :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Have you got another account with another bank? :?:

wel..., in my haste did not take the precaution of opening another account. but i do have a joint account, if it comes to the worse. i have sent them a letter yesterday, raising a formal complaint, so i'm just waiting to hear back from them.

I would still suggest opening another account now, whilst you are still able to. Looking around it seems that the easiest one to open is a CoOp Cashminder account, although I am sure others are just as easy to open.

I would still suggest opening another account now, whilst you are still able to. Looking around it seems that the easiest one to open is a Co-Op Cashminder account, although I am sure others are just as easy to open.

thanks. do you admit to whomever you're applying to for a new account that your existing account is to be closed and why?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5230 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you