DPS not renewed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope some one would be able to answer my question.

My deposit was paid into the DPS (for a 1 year rental) which has ended but I have continued to rent the house for another short term with a new contract signed. The landlord has not made any changes to the DPS since then. Am i entitled to a full refund now (no inventory was taken) and would the landlord be allowed to make any claims based on the new contract. Thanks for your help!

Hi, hope some one would be able to answer my question.

My deposit was paid into the DPS (for a 1 year rental) which has ended but I have continued to rent the house for another short term with a new contract signed. The landlord has not made any changes to the DPS since then. Am i entitled to a full refund now (no inventory was taken) and would the landlord be allowed to make any claims based on the new contract. Thanks for your help!

Its my understanding that the deposit remains protected by DPS until either yourself or the landlord request it back at the end of the tenancy. As your tenancy hasnt ended, you cant request it back yet, and the deposit remains protected.

Its a silly landlord that doesnt take an inventory, but the decision is obviously theirs. The landlord will still be entitled to claim from DPS when you finally leave.

Thks Planner.

Just a few issues here.

The old tenancy has ended (and the DPS was covered only for a year) which a entire different contract was signed that would last for further 6mths which is ending. However, in this new tenancy contract the LL didn't state that the deposit was paid or to be carried from the old contract.

Planner mentioned that: As your tenancy hasnt ended, you cant request it back yet, and the deposit remains protected.

Does that means that even the deposit was paid into the old contract which ended, the deposit is still liable for claim by the LL or TT based on the new contract, which did not state that any deposit was paid and with the DPS covered period expired

Was thinking if the LL left out the deposit intentionally on the new contract so that LL can claim it full as I have not asked for it back after a long time? (but I think this is silly)

Many thanks again

Thks Planner.

Just a few issues here.

The old tenancy has ended (and the DPS was covered only for a year) which a entire different contract was signed that would last for further 6mths which is ending. However, in this new tenancy contract the LL didn't state that the deposit was paid or to be carried from the old contract.

Planner mentioned that: As your tenancy hasnt ended, you cant request it back yet, and the deposit remains protected.

Does that means that even the deposit was paid into the old contract which ended, the deposit is still liable for claim by the LL or TT based on the new contract, which did not state that any deposit was paid and with the DPS covered period expired

Was thinking if the LL left out the deposit intentionally on the new contract so that LL can claim it full as I have not asked for it back after a long time? (but I think this is silly)

Many thanks again

Again its my understanding, in the case of DPS, the deposit remains protected until it is asked to be returned at the end of the tenancy by either yourself or the LL. As your tenancy hasnt ended i.e. you have signed another agreement, it will still be protected.

Drop DPS a line or an email and ask if its still protected would be the quickest route to settling your mind.