Anyone Heard Of Security Investigations Debt Recovery Division ??? Linked to A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ha ha ha got two letters this morning one dated 9 Jan and the other 12 Jan.

One from A&L regarding my overdrawn account saying

As you have failed to make full repayment of the above debt the account has now been closed.

You should be aware that this may also result in the closure of any other Alliance and Leicester Group accounts which you currently hold. (I don't !!!)

The outstanding balance must be repaid immediately and you must not attempt to make any further cash withdrawls (like they would let me ha ha lol) or issue any payments on the account

Yours sincerely

Mrs V South

Personal Banking

Also got my equifax credit report today and it shows the account had not been used for over 10 months and that at the end of when I stopped using it, it was around 200 overdrawn....it now states I owe them 900+

The other letter I got with the same type face etc etc as we all know was from Security Investigations Debt Recovery Division with the following:-

Your account has been placed with us for collection of the above debt.

You have been advised that we will notify a Credit Reference Agency regarding the default (what default???) status of your account. This may affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

The entry is due to be registered after 28 days.

To avoid this action payment of the full outstanding balance must be received within 28 days of the date of this letter.

It is imperative that you telephone this office immediately to discuss repayment of the outstanding balance. Dated 16 Jan 2009

What should I do next SAR or CCA them ???

Thanks in advance

A bank/BS account/overdraft is not covered by CCA so there's no point sending that.

Subject Access Request would tell you what charges had been added to the account, and give you opportunity to reclaim these. However, as the outstanding amount is mainly made up of charges (from what you say), they will insist on clearing the balance ahead of making any direct repayment.

See what happens when you Subject Access Request them, if the charges are more than then you owe then you could be in pocket.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 2 weeks later...

I SAR'd A&L last week and it was received and signed for.

Today I receive a letter from CapQuest requesting full payment on behalf of A&L and if I don't contact them within 7 days they may start court proceedings

What next ???? Help wanted please :confused:

I Subject Access Request'd A&L last week and it was received and signed for.

So there is a valid request going through, which means they cannot take other action - but we know they get forgetful and press the wrong buttons on the computer, which sends out another threat-o-gram...

Today I receive a letter from CapQuest requesting full payment on behalf of A&L and if I don't contact them within 7 days they may start court proceedings

What next ???? Help wanted please :confused:

Yep - that's the one - totally wrong and designed to intimidate you.

Send this one to Crapquest-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/175840-halifax-problem.html#post1900426

Change the starred bits to suit, putting in the bank name as the company you are in dispute with.

Note the word MAY in their letter, they are also fond of COULD and IF. All threats, but little chance of action on their part.

Stick to the 40 days deadline for your SAR. Crapquest can do nothing, unless they break the law. Ignore them, don't speak to them on the phone, if they send futher letters tell them you will be charging THEM for the sheer waste of time spent in answering! :lol:

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I thought these were just scare tactics so filed it with all the other DC letters for now :p

Can someone just confirm what I just read that Crap One sign only the top of a pile of recorded delivery letters ??? Is there any way I can check it mine was delivered then ??? Sorry to post it here just wanted a quick answer thanks :!:

Can someone just confirm what I just read that Crap One sign only the top of a pile of recorded delivery letters ??? Is there any way I can check it mine was delivered then

The Royal Mail will deliver a bundle of 'signed for' letters to an address, the person who takes them signs and electronic device these days. In some cases it may still be a 'book', with multiple entries per page.

What is supposed to happen is that Royal Mail tag all the items in that delivery to show they have been accepted, but it does not always happen like that.

You can go to www.royalmail.com, clikc on personal Customers and then look for 'Tracker'. You type in the reference number from your receipt and it will tell you when the item was delivered. That is proof enough. It can take a week or so after delivery before that tracker is updated though.

Yes, rubbish service, not what you would expect...

surprising how you pay for a better service but dont get it. I paid for 7 letters to be signed for over xmas only one got a signature. Bring on TNT then.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

surprising how you pay for a better service but dont get it. I paid for 7 letters to be signed for over xmas only one got a signature. Bring on TNT then.

Who says they will do any better? They may be fine for bulk business mail, where it does not matter much if a few go astray, but gawd help us when they start doing public services!

Apart from which, who delivers TNT's mail anyway? - that final step is the most important.

True. my postie never asks for a signature, which is a little worrying really.:-(

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

True. my postie never asks for a signature, which is a little worrying really.:-(

I've had a lot to do with PO Boxes over the years and it was the case I had to sign for everything in one town. I moved, new box, different office, they just handed the bundles over, no signatures requested.

I've been in another town for the last 20 years and the box mail is delivered, but very rare I am asked to sign for anything, apart from any packages that come seperate from the main delivery or if we have a relief postie.

The postal system is in as much of a shambles as anything else really...