Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4319 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In june last year i purchased a brand new vauxhall astra from pentengon. I visited the showroom twice before i purchased the car for information about the model i wanted. The salesman i was dealing with told me the model i wanted came with alloy wheels. I signed the contract with them for the car and paid the deposit and took out finance for the rest. When the car came the wheels did look like alloy wheels. Only 2 weeks ago i got a flat tire and had to change my wheel. At this point i realised the wheels were not alloy wheels. I was quite upset with this and contacted vauxhall. They told me i paid for what i got and there was nothin i could do. I explained that the salesman told me the car came with alloys and i had 4 withnesses that were present when he said this. The man then said that he knew the salesman and he would never have had said this.

In my eyes i didnt get the correct product that i was verbally sold but the salesman and have 4 witnesses who agree.

Do i have any rights in this case?

If you have 4 witnesses, get signed statements from each one. The write to the garage with copies of the statements and warn them that you wil go to court unless they give you what was agreed.

If they don't cooperate - then make a claim.

Don't bother writing to them if you are not prepared to go ahead with the claim

• 2 weeks later...

If you paid on finance complain to the finance company. Under Section 56 of the consumer credit act they are liable for any representations made by their agent, in this case the salesman. Get your statements as advised and then invoke the complaints procedure of the finance co. If that doesn't work complain to the financial ombudsman.

Have you checked the exact specification for the model you purcahsed; some come with alloys as standard for a particular spec. elite, club, design etc.

some are optional extras and if so will be listed on the invoice! At least you may not have been charged for them!