Can I VT having paid less than 50%

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4326 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, I have a motorcycle on finance that is over 4 years, I am 1 year into the agreement, the problem is the bike gets no use and is depreciating at an incredible rate, I have asked them if I could change to a more practical bike but they wont and I don't want to continue with the high payments and could really use the money that would be freed up (especially when I take into account the insurance and warranty payments that I could also stop). I realise that this will leave me liable for 50% of the total loan amount less any money I have already paid, but I assume I can make an offer of repayment that is much lower than my current repayments as it is no longer ubder a credit agreement and a non priority debt, any help gratefully recieved.