Rockwell - Loan or overdraft?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Been dealing with our friends at Rockwell on behalf of my dad for a few months now. CCA'd them mid-december to make sure they would miss the 12 working day deadline (guessed they'd have the whole month off for xmas) and finally received a reply today, 18th Jan. Obviously they are outside the 12 days but inside the further 30. However the contents of their letter beggar belief.

They claim they have now received confirmation from Lloyd's TSB that as the amount outstanding is for an overdraft the CCA does not apply. I know you are all screaming that it does but hold on, it gets better!

Enclosed with this letter is a document claiming to be a "Fixed Rate Loan Agreement". Rather odd for an overdraft to be titled this way. It goes on to list repayment installments and the full amount of the LOAN.

The signature page has two signatures supposed to be those of my father and his wife yet my dad's signature looks remarkably like the one that I put on a letter to Rockwell on his behalf and his wife's is not like any signature you've ever seen. It's not even joined up writing. I fear the YTS forger needs a few more years practice. There are also no prescribed terms and conditions on the page.

MY question is what to do with this little gem? FSA, trading standards, police, all of the above?

Hi all. Been dealing with our friends at Rockwell on behalf of my dad for a few months now. CCA'd them mid-december to make sure they would miss the 12 working day deadline (guessed they'd have the whole month off for xmas) and finally received a reply today, 18th Jan. Obviously they are outside the 12 days but inside the further 30. However the contents of their letter beggar belief.

They claim they have now received confirmation from Lloyd's TSB that as the amount outstanding is for an overdraft the CCA does not apply. I know you are all screaming that it does but hold on, it gets better!

Enclosed with this letter is a document claiming to be a "Fixed Rate Loan Agreement". Rather odd for an overdraft to be titled this way. It goes on to list repayment installments and the full amount of the LOAN.

The signature page has two signatures supposed to be those of my father and his wife yet my dad's signature looks remarkably like the one that I put on a letter to Rockwell on his behalf and his wife's is not like any signature you've ever seen. It's not even joined up writing. I fear the YTS forger needs a few more years practice. There are also no prescribed terms and conditions on the page.

MY question is what to do with this little gem? FSA, trading standards, police, all of the above?

Did you keep a copy of your letter with the signature on it?

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Moot point I think but I don't believe overdrafts are covered by the CCA.

That aside, I would send it to all of them, FSA, OFT, TS and police, and don't let the police fob you off with 'this is a civil matter', its not, its attempted fraud!

Yes I kept a copy of all correspondence. I have checked these signatures and they are identical so it would seem paintshop has been in action (hope it's a legal copy!!). I'm now in a difficult situation as since starting to deal with Rockwell on behalf of my dad, he has passed away. Personally I don't feel any need to inform Rockwell of this, mainly due to the fact that the alleged loan was a joint one between my dad and his wife and I'm certain that Rockwell would just start hassling her if told of the situation. Obviously, having just lost her husband this is not what she needs. However I do have to consult her and she is not keen on advising the authorities providing Rockwell drop the matter. I am of the opinion that they will only do this when the authorities are informed. Can anyone suggest a suitable letter to send to them that will scare them enough to drop this issue?

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Just an update. Sent Rockwell a letter stating that the signature they had used was plainly a forgery and asked for their response. They replied that the documents they sent came directly from Lloyd's TSB and they would investigate the matter further. Had no further response from them so have sent them another letter today stating that I expect the matter to be dropped as they are well outside the stipulated 12+30 days now and have failed in their obligation to furnish me with a true copy of the agreement. Have threatened to pass all documents to all the relevant authorities if I do not get confirmation of their dropping of this matter within 7 days